Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

im thinking he learned it from here... BlackBerry Storm forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

im thinking he learned it from here

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I bet he did learn it from here. 1 for the stacks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was using the paper trick until last night. I broke out the T6 and loosened the screw that is NOT covered by the red sticker. I know loosening it sounds strange, but it really works! Now it's much better, and no paper.

The other day I had to go into VZW because my apps center wasn't working. The rep did a battery pull and saw my paper. He had no clue why it was there and asked. I told him it was my good luck charm.

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoglinsgal View Post
    I was using the paper trick until last night. I broke out the T6 and loosened the screw that is NOT covered by the red sticker. I know loosening it sounds strange, but it really works! Now it's much better, and no paper.

The other day I had to go into VZW because my apps center wasn't working. The rep did a battery pull and saw my paper. He had no clue why it was there and asked. I told him it was my good luck charm.
    Please explain, "T6" ? And which screw did you loosen? This sounds like it might be a better fix than my business card stuffed under my battery cover.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    T6 is the star shaped screw driver for your blackberry's screws...

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    T6 is the star shaped screw driver for your blackberry's screws...

Exactly. And there are two screws under the battery door. One is covered by a red sticker with a white line on it. Don't mess with this one. It could void your warranty. I only loosened the screw on the opposite side, just kept loosening it a hair at a time until I got the click I wanted. Try a search on ebay for t6 screwdriver.

6s1d9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoglinsgal View Post
    Exactly. And there are two screws under the battery door. One is covered by a red sticker with a white line on it. Don't mess with this one. It could void your warranty. I only loosened the screw on the opposite side, just kept loosening it a hair at a time until I got the click I wanted. Try a search on ebay for t6 screwdriver.
    Thanks again. I work at Lowes. I wonder if I can get a T6 from work... It's probably "too specific" for that but I'll have to check anyway.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6s1d9 View Post
    Thanks again. I work at Lowes. I wonder if I can get a T6 from work... It's probably "too specific" for that but I'll have to check anyway.
    lowes has torx drivers. thats where i got mine. they have a nice kobalt one with interchangeable bits.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jayrat no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did the torx screw fix, loosened both in small increments until response was much better. Not sure about warranty issues, I removed the sticker with a pin, almost not detectable. It worked wonders, and only took a couple of minutes. You shouldn't have to loosen the screws more than one and a half turns each. To check response you need to replace battery door with battery installed. If click gets worse, simply tighten the screws up slightly. You need to do this in small increments and be patient, loosen, check, loosen the other, check, and so on. I've heard of this working by only loosening the screw without the sticker, but for me I played with them both, until near perfect. I read this info on another site and around 500 people tried this, all with positive results. Did mine around a month ago, still good. Try at your own risk, which IMO is minimal at best, and enjoy!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    FYI you can find Torx screws almost anywhere, I have even seen them at the dollar store (though if you can get the more expensive the better) I have taken apart a few phones and found a couple screws that were so tight, the cheaper torx actually stripped out the screw, and i had to replace them.

Just check the info on the package and look for T3 - T9 or something like that and it should be in there.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    I waited, and finally did the Torx screw one. I just loosened my screw for a 1 1/2 turn, i was thinking it might back up so i just retightened it and loosened it for 1/2 turn..

After that, my screen is much responsive and i type waaay faster.. I didn't mess with the screw with warranty sticker on.. I figure one is enough for me. Its still not the best, but it does work for me or shall i say it I can type faster than before. My space key on suretype mode sucks,, Also on the top left corner was sticky, now they are a LITTLE better..

Hope this remains the same for awhile.. I have heard people resorting to retightening them again.. But whatever lol thats what insurances are for and warranties. LOL

jgonza34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    403598f7
    i tried the 3 business cards works like new and nothing was wrong with my storm its now alot more responsive. thanks for the tip.

bbstormgirl0730 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i put a piece of thinner card in mine and it drastically improved my clicking...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456