Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The latches on the storm are different than the designs of previous berries. This has ... BlackBerry Storm forum

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

The latches on the storm are different than the designs of previous berries. This has more outward motion as opposed to down, then out.

I put a piece of folded up paper inbetween the battery and the door, seems to have helped response.
    My worries are 1)stress on the battery door latches, and 2)how does this in fact improve the design of the phone.

I'm sorry, I'm an engineer and "it just works" doesn't cut it for me.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by vangorder View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm an engineer and "it just works" doesn't cut it for me.

I couldnt help myself from responding to this quote... I'm glad 'it just works' doesnt cut it for you, because the Storm doesnt just work, it just doesnt work!

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Hahaha, I was referring to the business card trick.

ronx162 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304BCB8B
    okay, just did a little experimenting.... when I first got my Storm on Friday, I read the first reports of people using the paper trick to improve the keyboard response. Mine didn't "click" at all in the corners so I figured I'd try it... I got a business card (my cards are thick card stock, so I didn't have to fold it in half) and cut one piece about the size of a dime (but square). I removed the battery and placed the small piece along the bottom, centered horizontally, so that it was just to the left of the battery contact points. I put the battery back in and put another piece of the business card on top of the battery and replaced the battery cover. This was a fantastic improvement!

I then read some of the recent posts about how just putting paper/business cards/memory sticks (haha) between the battery and the battery cover was sufficient. So at my next battery pull, I removed the paper from under the battery and cut two new pieces of business card about the size of the battery and stuck them on top of the battery. This was nowhere near as good as my previous setup -- my corners were back to being "non-clicky". So I decided to try my original solution, but with larger pieces of my cut business card. I took two pieces of the business card that were cut to the size of my battery. I placed one piece under the battery and one piece on top of the battery. I figured if my original solution gave such great results, then larger pieces of the card should give better results, right? Wrong. This was maybe slightly better than 2 pieces on top, but still nowhere near as good as the original.

I went back to my original solution, and decided to try to move the "underneath" piece to the left bottom (before, it was centered on the bottom) just to experiment. Still not as good as the original configuration. Moving this piece back to the middle bottom got me back to the "clickiest" (is that a word?) setup.

So I have come to the conclusion that the paper trick results depend not only on *where* you place the paper and the *thickness* of the paper, but also on the dimensions (width and height) as well as the placement of each piece of paper.

I wanted to post this in case some people had tried the paper trick and hadn't gotten as great of results as some of us have. I hope this helps! If there's anything confusing about my explanations, please let me know and I'll be happy to elaborate

Rob

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Take some pix please.

Quote Originally Posted by ronx162 View Post
    okay, just did a little experimenting.... when I first got my Storm on Friday, I read the first reports of people using the paper trick to improve the keyboard response. Mine didn't "click" at all in the corners so I figured I'd try it... I got a business card (my cards are thick card stock, so I didn't have to fold it in half) and cut one piece about the size of a dime (but square). I removed the battery and placed the small piece along the bottom, centered horizontally, so that it was just to the left of the battery contact points. I put the battery back in and put another piece of the business card on top of the battery and replaced the battery cover. This was a fantastic improvement!

I then read some of the recent posts about how just putting paper/business cards/memory sticks (haha) between the battery and the battery cover was sufficient. So at my next battery pull, I removed the paper from under the battery and cut two new pieces of business card about the size of the battery and stuck them on top of the battery. This was nowhere near as good as my previous setup -- my corners were back to being "non-clicky". So I decided to try my original solution, but with larger pieces of my cut business card. I took two pieces of the business card that were cut to the size of my battery. I placed one piece under the battery and one piece on top of the battery. I figured if my original solution gave such great results, then larger pieces of the card should give better results, right? Wrong. This was maybe slightly better than 2 pieces on top, but still nowhere near as good as the original.

I went back to my original solution, and decided to try to move the "underneath" piece to the left bottom (before, it was centered on the bottom) just to experiment. Still not as good as the original configuration. Moving this piece back to the middle bottom got me back to the "clickiest" (is that a word?) setup.

So I have come to the conclusion that the paper trick results depend not only on *where* you place the paper and the *thickness* of the paper, but also on the dimensions (width and height) as well as the placement of each piece of paper.

I wanted to post this in case some people had tried the paper trick and hadn't gotten as great of results as some of us have. I hope this helps! If there's anything confusing about my explanations, please let me know and I'll be happy to elaborate

Rob
    PIX!
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

ronx162 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304BCB8B
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    PIX!
    I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attach pics (since I can't do links), but if nothing else, I'll upload them somewhere else and provide the URL.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    This is so SAD that you guys have to resort to doing this on your brand new phones. I would not be happy with gerryrigging my phone at all and would have returned it and waited for the next generation. It just would not sit well with me.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    This is so SAD that you guys have to resort to doing this on your brand new phones. I would not be happy with gerryrigging my phone at all and would have returned it and waited for the next generation. It just would not sit well with me.
    i folded an alabama football schedule and put it behind mine what could be better?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i folded an alabama football schedule and put it behind mine what could be better?
    how bout a michigan schedule?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    All the feedback on this forum is only going to help make future releases better. Not just for Storm OS updates, but for Blackberrys in general. It tells me that Stackers are dedicated, and willing to support what we all know is by a million miles the best device on the market. It may not be perfect, but how are they going to get better if we don't help the big guy figure it out?

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post

my college team (Florida) is doing great, while my pro team, of which I'm a season ticket holder, sucks. Go Jaguars.

Least my Gators are goona be the Nat'l Champs this year after this weekend.
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas]"If there is no struggle there is no progress..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]Frederick Douglass, 1857[/FONT]

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kdkng View Post
    my college team (Florida) is doing great, while my pro team, of which I'm a season ticket holder, sucks. Go Jaguars.

Least my Gators are goona be the Nat'l Champs this year after this weekend.
    The Sooners will score 50-60 points on 'em and blow them into the weeds.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    texas is the best team in the nation. bar none.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    one football schedule folded up inside a storm and it unleashes a torrential downpour of college football spirit...hilarious...anyways glad to see that people are finding tips already for the storm to better improve future development and releases...oh and btw...go GATORS!

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    try exanding foam insulation !! that should do it nicely
    jk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast