Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hey all- On Friday A blackberry rep came to my tmobile store where I work. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3

Thunder to T-mobile??

Advertisement

Hey all-
    On Friday A blackberry rep came to my tmobile store where I work. Of course, I was bombarding her with questions about what devices is t-mobile getting. She said that for sure we arn't getting the Bold. But when I asked her about the javelin she smiled at me, and said she doesnt know. Then I asked her about the thunder. Same thing...smiled at me and said I dont know...So, not to get us tmobile users hopes high, but maybe we will get the thunder...who knows...i'm just so ready for a new BB. I love my curve, but I want a new toy! Thank for reading!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    can't say that i heard anyone from rim saying a gsm carrier is getting the thunder, javelin we are getting bold, i keep geeting mixed reviews but overall consensus seems that we are....still waiting
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can still get an unlocked bold from AT&T

Concept Guest
    Yeah, TMO is getting the kickstart and the Javelin before the end of the year. As far as the Thunder(storm) I'd say its a toss up. I don't think I've ever heard how long the exclusivity period is with verizon but I know there's a GSM version already in the works for overseas. If the Thunder(storm) is a hit, RIM would be crazy not to import the GSM version with a few tweaks for the american market.

Americans are so image centric that most would walk around with inferior phones just because its the "it" phone of the time. Take for example the iPhone 3G. There as been so many problems with the buggy 2.0 through 2.0.2 software, reception issues, build quality issues, mobile me issues but most consumers and main stream media turn a blind eye because its the "it" phone of the time.

Because of that RIM would be crazy not to put this touch screen phone on every network it can.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~she's probably just flirting with you lol

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    Yeah, TMO is getting the kickstart and the Javelin before the end of the year. As far as the Thunder(storm) I'd say its a toss up. I don't think I've ever heard how long the exclusivity period is with verizon but I know there's a GSM version already in the works for overseas. If the Thunder(storm) is a hit, RIM would be crazy not to import the GSM version with a few tweaks for the american market.

Americans are so image centric that most would walk around with inferior phones just because its the "it" phone of the time. Take for example the iPhone 3G. There as been so many problems with the buggy 2.0 through 2.0.2 software, reception issues, build quality issues, mobile me issues but most consumers and main stream media turn a blind eye because its the "it" phone of the time.

Because of that RIM would be crazy not to put this touch screen phone on every network it can.
    The iPhone is more of a teen thing. Not very many BB users are making the jump to it. I heard the percentage of BB users switching to the iPhone was 1%

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Holy buggers batman! if you guys get the Thunder i'm so leaving AT&T/Apple

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can still get an unlocked bold from AT&T
    My plans exactly!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm just waiting for the thunder to come out. I hope is all I expect from it and more. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is a quote from a article about the Thunder, I would post the link, but it seems every link I post gets taken down.

(+59 rating, 65 votes)

Loading ...

There were two things missing from RIM’s lineup: [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Verdana,Sans-Serif][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Verdana,Sans-Serif]HSDPA[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] support for 3g GSM networks and a touchscreen device. Today we are happy to say that the [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Verdana,Sans-Serif][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Verdana,Sans-Serif]BlackBerry[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] Bold 9000 Series has satisfied the first of two missing portions to RIM’s lineup and the BlackBerry Thunder will satisfy the latter.
    The BlackBerry Thunder is the codename for RIM’s current project which lacks a physical keyboard and becomes a direct competitor with the iPhone. This will be the first touchscreen device launched by RIM, but what makes the BlackBerry Thunder different than the [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Verdana,Sans-Serif][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Verdana,Verdana,Sans-Serif]iPhone[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]? First, the device has 4 physical keys which beats out the two physical keys of the iPhone (including power button). Second, it will be a worldwide lifetime exclusive device on both Vodafone and Verizon Wireless. While this is an unheard of routine, RIM realizes that an assault on the two biggest BlackBerry carriers across the globe should be the focus of their sales.
    The technology supported in the BlackBerry Thunder will start with a hybrid CDMA EVDO Rev C, GSM HSPA for international traveling and LTE support depending on the time frame of launch. If the BlackBerry Thunder launches before the LTE rollout here in the US and Europe, we can expect CDMA EVDO Rev C support to stay, but otherwise it will most likely be dropped and LTE support will be exclusive.
    What about other carriers? Well for the US, Verizon Wireless and At&t will be the two major carriers moving over to LTE 4g technology while T-mobile has not announced their plans and Sprint is using WiMAX. At&t subscribers will undoubtedly be able to purchase an unlocked version of the BlackBerry Thunder (9500 Series) and use it on their network, regardless of the lifetime exclusive agreements between RIM and Verizon Wireless. There is also the possibility that Verizon and Vodafone will not hit their sales quotas and the exclusive lifetime agreement will be void, making the device available to all carriers interested in some touchscreen Blackberry action.

Check out the last paragraph. Although it says nothing about T-Mo, it does refer to GSM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i think it will be a "world" phone so it will have both capabilities.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

Ouch, thats very generalized and harsh to say about us Americans. Not every American jumped on the iPhone, I surely didnt and have no plans to, all touch phones suck anyway IMO. but yes very harsh, we arent that image centric, im sure there are fads in other countries as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF

From my understanding Verizon is going 2 have a lifetime exclusive of the thunder. Sorry for all you AT&T and T-Mobile users out there. Its about time Verizon got a new blackberry before everyone else.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    well with so many rummors who knows will just have to wait and see am sure RIM has some tricks up their sleeves..

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by laxmetal23 View Post
    From my understanding Verizon is going 2 have a lifetime exclusive of the thunder. Sorry for all you AT&T and T-Mobile users out there. Its about time Verizon got a new blackberry before everyone else.
    I will believe it when I see it.
    Duval_Happine$$**

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast