Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi, im a curve owner, since my brother is in paris right now and he ... BlackBerry Storm forum

active_user no está en línea Stack level 2

thinking of buying a storm

Advertisement

hi, im a curve owner, since my brother is in paris right now and he called me about the storm, asking me whether he should change it from his previous iphone to storm.

to be honest that tempt me to buy one too...but all these reviews out there is telling me the-not-so-good product as we expected before. and other thing is i need to buy it unlocked or early termination so i could use it here in indonesia, last email from my brother is telling me that the store said that it's sold without a contract for 500 euros.

my question is...should i buy a STORM or a BOLD? thinking of the better product. and secondly, does anyone know about being able to buy a STORM without a contract in paris ? (just for a confirmation) and i can get it unlocked too...

please help me find the answer of this! lol. really2 need opinions from the owner of STORM and how worth is it...

thanx before

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I've you've been with a Curve for a long time, I would personally go with the Bold. I have a Bold and I wanted to get the Storm. I wanted to like it SO badly. I played with it a few times and.. it's just not for me.

I'm so used to the physical keyboard that the "clickable" keyboard on the Storm was a huge disappointment. However, if possible, I recommend that you go spend some time playing around with one before making the decision.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    get a storm. 95% chance you'll love it. truth is most of the posts and reviews are from the people who don't like it. people who get one and hate it want to rant and vent somewhere which is fine and human nature. on the other hand people who get one and love it are content and don't feel as much need to get on a forum and post about how much they love it.

if possible get one where you can return it within 30 days and get your money back. DO NOT "play with one for a while" or "check out the store model on the shelf". actually take one home, set it up how you like it,add some nice apps(limited at this time but they will pour in soon) and use it. this is the only way to get acclimated to it and truely see if it is for you or not. i have used smart phones running windows mobile before and when i got my first BB(pearl) it took me a week or two to get used to it. the storm was love at first sight for me but most take a week or two to get used to it.

good luck in your decision.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

thanx for the quickest response, basically what i need to do is to lay my hand on storm to test it a lil bit, but here's the thing, im in indonesia, they haven't release it yet...they have bold here but im afraid that bold is too big for me, cos im a person who likes it simple and not too big talking of a cellphones.

before using a curve, i used an iphone, and storm makes my dream come true about having a touchscreen cellphone with a blackberry features (which is come in handy).

anyway thanx for the infos guys. im still open for some more opinions if you have another one

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Basically Catstide summed it all up for you

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Ii got the storm best thing I ever did~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I agree. I came from the curve as well. I researched and read reviews for a week straight making sure I knew what this phone was about. it was pretty scary reading all the bad things people had to point out about it. I went against the bad reviews and purchased it. Im on day two with it and I LOVE IT. I will def be keeping this. I think its much better then the curve. I'm not going to lie, the typing is a little harder then the curve at first BUT you do get better at it. The only problem I have is I just forget to click (push down on the screen). I would not listen to the bad reviews and just get the phone. You will love it.!

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I started off with the curve 8330 and loved it but longed for touch screen. So i switched to the Samsung Omnia which is an ok device but if you ever used blackberry it will never gain your total respect so after using one for about 26 days i switched to the blackberry storm. Even though it has a few glitches to be worked out which RIM and Verizon are working on taking care of soon its a solid phone making me smile once again. i have had the phone for 2 weeks and im still on the honeymoon with this phone i dont think the romance will ever end. It has a decent camera excellent screen quality, give it time you will see a flood of software available for this device. remember it is new something never done before so naturally there will be programs and a lack of software, and themes. i dont even think they have developed the software yet to allow people to build custom themes for it...... i give the Device an A- for now once verizon and RIM iron out all the kinks it will be an A+...... you will never hear a good think about this device from the Iphone Fanboys but remember out the gate it already has more functionality than the Iphone I.E. MMS and Video Capture native to the device

p.s. it also comes with a network that you DO NOT have to cross your fingers and hope you have service.... GO BIG RED....pricey SOBs.....lol

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Once .85 comes out it will be near besides there os updates all the time!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I said "play with it for a while" because there are some major deal-breakers for some people. IE, the keyboard for me. Once I tried that thing, I was done. It just physically won't let me type as fast as my Bold. Hardware limitation. It's not a bad device.. I just need my keyboard, is all.

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I said "play with it for a while" because there are some major deal-breakers for some people. IE, the keyboard for me. Once I tried that thing, I was done. It just physically won't let me type as fast as my Bold. Hardware limitation. It's not a bad device.. I just need my keyboard, is all.
    Ill second that.. the storm has a sweet looking device... I was showing my coworker (Got the storm for xmas and blackberry noob) how to set it up. Screens nice... looks sweet, but functinality wise, i just need a keyboard.. I get things done faster and the swiping the screen for me got old.... Good luck in your decision...
    *LiViN tHe DrEaM* - with my new Bold !!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    good point. some people get an immediate turn off from handling it and decide that it would never work for them. the ones that i was trying to warn about "playing with it" are the ones that say that they would love to have a touchscreen but it was too slow and buggy and they couldn't type or navigate on it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    ssnxp you make a good point but i was referring to people that just give an opinion based on nothing basically.
    in your case the keyboard turned you off. understandable .

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    im selling mine plus accessories if anyone has an 8330 to trade with.
    david

it's good to have so many people giving the fair informations! definitely going to try it or might just buy it straight away...for the time i have to spend to get use it i really dont mind, hehe thanx guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast