With the new update my theme does not cover the whole screen when it is ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Aggie83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305B9691

Theme Problem with new 5.0 update

Advertisement

With the new update my theme does not cover the whole screen when it is held horizontally. White strips appear at the edges. I am wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem and how did you correct it?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There are no themes for 5.0 yet. If you switch to a default theme the issue should be resolved.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Until Plasmic comes out with 5.0 there will be no themes for 5.0 OS. So I wouldnt even DL any mite fry your phone.

iLord is DEAD!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Until Plasmic comes out with 5.0 there will be no themes for 5.0 OS. So I wouldnt even DL any mite fry your phone.
    YUP! Don't even dare to pay for themes ALLEGEDLY for 5.0 yet unless they're from bplay since they get first dib on every damn new release of Plazmic (theme developing tool kit).
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Aggie83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305B9691
    Ok Thanks

DaFoxGrey no está en línea Stack level 1
    I run an older theme, com_plazmic_theme_Storm_iBerry_Blocks_Custom_L_v1_ 02, and have the white bar issue after reboots on my Storm with 5.0.328. Here is what I do to fix the issue after a reboot for that theme:
    From the Home screen, Click the BB button, choose Options.
    Select Layout, choose any other row setting that what you are running for your Portrait screen and click Save.
    Select Layout again and return it to the original setting, click Save.
    Return button back out and rotate the phone for Landscape, wait a few seconds, and the white bars will disappear until you reboot.

Hope this works for your themes.

ncswerve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3070C15D

Smile RESOLVED: New Blackberry OS 5.0 for Storm Today Theme Issue

TODAY THEME ISSUE SOLVED (TEMPORARILY):

You can still run A today theme. What I did was in the home screen I pressed the Blackberry key and selected options. Then under layout I selected "today" (default is 2 rows). Voila! A simple today screen that at least allows you to see your messages, phone calls and calendar (albeit next two appointments only).

I am assuming flash will be available whenever Skyfire decides to come out of Alpha testing into Beta testing.
    Hope this helps!
    BS

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757
    Ii did the same thing to fix mine. Switch to the today theme then go back & switch to 2 rows. No more white edge.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes, the issue is that when building a theme for the storm, you have the option to size up the backgrounds accordingly (i.e., 480x360 and 360x480 - respectively). you also have the choice to make all screens "same" ... it appears as tho w/ OS 5.0 that those settings that were made by the theme dev aren't working. I would guess that in the next two weeks (prob more like next week) a patch will be available. RIM likes to announce "big" things at conferences and the BB Dev Conf is next week. We shall see. For now, anyone boasting that their theme works on OS 5.0 Storm1 or 2, rest assured the above mentioned "bug" will be present.