Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Glad I haven't gone nuts and got the Storm right away. I'm still in love ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Glad I haven't gone nuts and got the Storm right away. I'm still in love with my Curve and don't plan on getting a Storm for probably another year. I HATE lag so I'll wait this one out till the problem has been resolved.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    For some reason my browser was running CRAZY slow last night... like a 286 on dial-up... and I had nothing open but the browser.

It would bring up the clock (showing it was "thinking") when I would just try to pan around the page. Pages were taking several minutes to load. I pulled the battery and tried again, same thing. Seems to be better this morning, but holy smokes it was frustrating last night.

It also ended up unable to scroll up and down webpages like it has done a few times before. I couldn't even scroll up or down the menu.

Honestly, really wanted to throw it at something...

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    only have mine a few hrs but doesnt seem that bad. Nothing a updated OS wont fit.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I read someone say deleting VZNav would help... And it did!! I don't find any lags. Even switching views! Granted I did a complete wipe and reloaded only essential pieces of the OS and then installed all my software. Pretty slick!!

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh Yeah I removed vz nav and vis voice and my storm is working great and the battery life increased I can use the phone from 7 am till i go to bed and have 4 bars left wich i believe is 80%

VTftball2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this is stupid of me to ask, but what is and "OS update" and how do I download it when it is available?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    An OS upgrade is an upgrade to the operating system, sort of like microsoft releasing a patch for windows. When on is available go into Opions then advanced options, then all the way down on the bottom is Wireless Upgrade. There ate "manual" ways of doing the upgrade by downloading he OS onto your PC then installing from there, but that requires much more reading on Pinstack. Good luck!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I went to a local Verizon store today to play with the Storm for a while. I must say I have really mixed feelings about it. Typing in either mode will take some major getting used too. The touch response did not seem accurate to finger placement which made some menu choices and spelling interesting. I saw long lags when making option changes and saving, and other menu choices. The video display, screen resolution were beautiful! Watching movies on this would be great while traveling. I'm sure I could adjust to the typing and the differences between the Storm and the Curve, just not sure it would be worth it. I didn't hate this device, but didn't fall in love with it like I thought I would.

My son and I played side by side with 2 storms. He is a pearl user and I'm a curve user. He hated the storm, the one he played with repeatedly locked up for 10-15 seconds at a time, typing was slow for him with lots of misspelled words. He is used to using his pearl in multitap mode, he hates suretype. The switch from portrait to landscape mode was not too bad. Several times when switching from one app to another there would be weird display glitches on the screen for example there being a blend of media and home screen at the same time. I don't know if someone just really messed with that unit or what.

So add the lag and glitches to the fact that two BBs on verizon will cost me $30 more per month than I currently pay with Alltel(and I'd be losing the mycircle and nights staring @7PM) and now the storm is not looking so good to me as before.

I haven't written it off completely yet......I will go back and play more.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Not finding lag to much of an issue but the keyboard is finding it hard to keep up with me. Believe I am just as quick as I was with my curve.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, I think i'm done with my Storm. Sooooo many lock ups and issues. I don't even know how many times I've pulled the battery in thr past week. I don't think this phone is junk, the way some people do, I just think RIM has some work ahead of them fixing all the bugs in this thing and I don't have the patience to wait. Its just not worth it to me to pay the additional cost of the data plan that Verizon requires you to have, for a phone with this many issues. I think it going back tomorrow and I'm going to revisit the idea when the creases have been ironed out. Back to a lowly (but reliable) feature phone for me. Its a shame, this phone is close but just not up to par yet in my opinion. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got 3 Storms this past Wednesday and all three are working fine. The lag most say; to me it might be the OS is meant to fade menus as you click from Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc.... Its kind of like Vista with Aero glass. Things kind of fade as you click and makes it seem there is a lag. I did at a few times where you change from something like Phone to Home screen take a little longer then normal, but nothing that has been unusable at this point. I'm not saying that the Storm is perfect at this point but its not as bad as some reviews make it to be. Most of you that are having problems, I would restore the OS again just to make sure its nothing that is installed causing this lock ups etc... @AZSTAR you could can change the settings to Multitap which you say your son is used to on the Storm and it will be just like the Pearl. I also went to Verizon the first day the Storm was released to see how I would like the touch screen, typing, etc... I kind of didn't like it and walked out, to think if I really wanted to get the Storm. After a few more days of thinking I went to Bestbuy to buy them. Let me tell you that the phone at Verizon was not working to good compare to the one's I got from Bestbuy. What I think happens, everyone using and loading apps on the store demos get all unstable so this might be the cause of the lock ups. I think Verizon employees should do a complete wipe of the Storms every other day just to make sure people trying them out didn't load anything that might of caused the Storm to be unstable. Actually on one of the Storm's when we went on the first day to see them the browser wasn't working. It wouldn't load anything and would be very slow compare to the one next to it.

Cmac no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have used the Storm for about 2 days now. The look and feel is great. However, it does lag and it tends to get lost - Landscape/portrait. It has locked up once and rebooted twice. I am a long time Att customer and I will not be porting my number over yet. At this point in the game my BOLD is winning the competition at this time. Everyone please continue to update the forum with your experiences as this is good points of references for this new device.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    I was reading about people changing the responsiveness in the menu options. Does that not address the problems brought up in this thread?

VTftball2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    An OS upgrade is an upgrade to the operating system, sort of like microsoft releasing a patch for windows. When on is available go into Opions then advanced options, then all the way down on the bottom is Wireless Upgrade. There ate "manual" ways of doing the upgrade by downloading he OS onto your PC then installing from there, but that requires much more reading on Pinstack. Good luck!!
    Okay I checked it out and under my advanced options there was no option for "wireless upgrade". Is it only an option visible when the update becomes available? or is supposes to be there all the time?

Thanks for the help/

Quote Originally Posted by VTftball2 View Post
    Okay I checked it out and under my advanced options there was no option for "wireless upgrade". Is it only an option visible when the update becomes available? or is supposes to be there all the time?

Thanks for the help/
    It's there on mine - options, advanced options, wireless upgrade. It's at the very bottom of the list, below TCP/IP. That said, there are no upgrades available at this time. The option should be there for you though...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast