Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by phinger23 ok i played with the storm 2 days ago...what a piece ... BlackBerry Storm forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by phinger23 View Post
    ok i played with the storm 2 days ago...what a piece of ****. slow, laggy, oddly responsive, the orientation sensor is too buggy.
    by far, not impressed. i refuse to buy one until they fix it properly. the curve runs circles around this POS storm
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    to cope with the lagginess of the storm when switching from portrait to landscape and vice versa i find taht if you tap lightly on the back of the phone it helps speed it up a little. also if you delete vz navigator it helps to speed up the phone a decent amount. VZ Navigator may have a memory leak issue.
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Leave it to Verizon to destroy a potentially great device.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by laxmetal23 View Post
    to cope with the lagginess of the storm when switching from portrait to landscape and vice versa i find taht if you tap lightly on the back of the phone it helps speed it up a little. also if you delete vz navigator it helps to speed up the phone a decent amount. VZ Navigator may have a memory leak issue.
    how long does it take yours to switch?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I stopped be a Verizon store today to test out a storm. It had an extreme amount of lag. For sng I decided to see what applications were running. Turns out that almost all of the programs were running. Shut them down one by one and the lag decreased drastically. I think I'm gonna get one. I liked the functionality of it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is a brand new device. No amount of prerelease trial can come close to what the masses will be able to do as far as testing. Glitches will be found. Personally, since Friday at 8:05 am my Storm has not locked up. No battery pulling here. Yes, there is a lag when the handset is woke up. I'm sure the future OS releases will fix that. How many OS upgrades have the Curve and Pearl had? Did anyone really expect the Storm to be faultless in it's first release? Reading these forums daily I don't see near the problems that the iphone had. Remember all the people that couldn't even activated their iphones? They got to take home a nice shiney new expensive brick, that they couldn't even do a battery pull on if the wanted to. I like my Storm. I'm going to keep it. It works.
    Andy

BIGTONY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ok, I've only had 6hours with my Storm ,but the only complaint I have is the speed in which the keyboards switch from portrait to landscape mode, I must admit that I type slower than most.everything else is working perfectly.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

phinger23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    well, i went to a store today for the hell of it and uninstalled good ole vz nav, and it was a better flowing device!

still not totally awesome, but its got potential, id love to see a software update before i snag one up

Dalton no está en línea Stack level 2
    I guess I have been pretty lucky so far, as my Storm is doing pretty well. It was slow when I first got it on Friday, but it has seemed to pick up since then. I have really noticed a difference today (tuesday), as it seems to be running a lot better than yesterday. I synched last night and removed some applications, and foreign languages that I do not need. It even showed me some 6 -8 items that it said had newer versions, but after a minute, said device does not need updating. Don't know if any of that made the difference, but it is better today.

That being said, I am still awaiting the needed update. All devices need updating after release, as this one does, but I am liking it so far.

phinger23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    its sad you have to uninstall a bunch of crap for it to work

mda24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    True phinger - although not much different than what you have to do when you muy a new PC - uninstall all the crap!

00chill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31013E74
    I currently don't own the storm but by the end of this week I will. I was wandering does anyone know where I can find themes for it.
    CHILL

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Is anyone realizing that the demos in the store are messed with by morons who have no clue what a blackberry is or how to use it??? Does anyone think that could be the cause of the problem? LOL....

I think that people just expect perfection from the get go...and that never happens. Didn't happen with the iPhone, the curve, the pearl....or the Bold...and it wont happen with the Javelin. LOL
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is not much lag on the Storm. I have a little but I removed apps I was not using like VZ Nav and Visual Voice mail and the Storm Screems now woohoo!
    This might increase my battery life too... *** hopes so***

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 00chill View Post
    I currently don't own the storm but by the end of this week I will. I was wandering does anyone know where I can find themes for it.
    No themes yet but the Storm is new there will probably be some coming out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast