Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I agree. I've never had an in store demo of any Blackberry be great. But ... BlackBerry Storm forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Advertisement

I agree. I've never had an in store demo of any Blackberry be great. But that hasn't stopped be before, and it didn't stop me this time. I went into the store later on Friday to avoid the crowds, had no intention on buying one. Once I got it in my hands though, I had to try it.

I'm here to say, mine is no where NEAR as slow as the 2 demos they had there.

Same here, 1 second or so is all for it to switch from portrait to landscape. That's not a wait as far as I'm concerned.

Mine keyboard tap interval came defaulted to 400, I changed it to 300 and my typing speed doubled.

My menus are quick and responsive as well.

I had some difficulty with cut and paste, but got that figured out. It's just a matter of getting used to a whole new platform. When I bought it, I knew I had 30 days to try it, so what is there to lose. 2 days into it, and I'm thinking I'm going to be keeping it.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bbslice View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm still waiting to receive my free storm from verizon (I was a first touch storm grab winner) and god I hope its not as bad as everyone is saying
    It's Bad. I just played with it at Best Buy. It wasn't a demo, it was the one they were trying to sell me. I really wanted to like it, but it wasn't working. Other phones follow your finger exactly when you move up and down, BB didn't. It was a full second behind. Even rotating took a second or two.

Looks wise, its awesome. UI needs to be MUCH improved to make it worth it. Knowing blackberry and more importantly verizon, these wont come out fast enough.

Typing was also impossible. I even did the setting to 100 which was suggested to help speed it up. No. The problem is that you have to fully lift your previous finger before you press for the next letter. Since it has the stupid button screen (sorry, i know some like it, but it didn't work for me), it has to be pressed for each letter.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    So what is the problem with the demos? Are they not supposed to be top shape for customers to enjoy before they buy? How do you make a decision after using a demo that lagged so many times? Are they going to open a new box for customers to try other than the demo? If you want to sell the darn thing have a good working demo not a cheesy thing.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    So what is the problem with the demos? Are they not supposed to be top shape for customers to enjoy before they buy? How do you make a decision after using a demo that lagged so many times? Are they going to open a new box for customers to try other than the demo? If you want to sell the darn thing have a good working demo not a cheesy thing.
    That's a very good question.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ so now my keyboard is running WAY behind my typing speed (and I'm not the fastest typist). When I'm typing, the blue light that surrounds the letter I selected is often still on a letter from the previous word - sometimes it catches up if I stop, sometimes it just skips to what letter I am currently on. The display window showing what I have typed is also lagging way behind. I also just had my browser jam up twice (required a battery pull each time). It wouldn't let me scroll up the page. I would scroll up with my finger, then when I would lift my finger to scroll up again it would take me back to the bottom of the page. The reason that I had to pull the battery was that the menu system was behaving in a similar manner and not letting me get down to "close". I was able to get to other applications but when I returned to the browser it was just the same. Ugh...

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Don't suffer anymore.....take it back

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ but I want to like it... So frustrated...

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I understand. The concept is great and it's a pretty sweet looking bb.

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    so its slow... but im getting more frustrated with being able to do minor things like going back to correct something i misspelled or highlighting text I want to copy. I havent had much time to mess with it yet since my battery hasnt fully charged yet. I'll have to try it out more later.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ but I want to like it... So frustrated...
    fly, hang in there. the os upgrades should help your problems. remember you have 30 days. i'm just confused as to why mine is working almost perfectly(knocking on wood).since mine is working correctly we know it can and will happen.if the new os doesn't help you,swap it for a new one.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Over at HowardForums there's a thread about removing VZ Navigator which seemed to help cut down on the lag. I don't own a storm so I can't test this, so I'm simply sharing what I saw.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463022

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3
    Removed VZ Nav DEFINITE improvement Storm has faster response time... especially when flipping the phone.

phinger23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok i played with the storm 2 days ago...what a piece of ****. slow, laggy, oddly responsive, the orientation sensor is too buggy.
    by far, not impressed. i refuse to buy one until they fix it properly. the curve runs circles around this POS storm

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast