Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't own a storm,but, I do believe different users have had different results. But ... BlackBerry Storm forum

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

I don't own a storm,but, I do believe different users have had different results. But the general consensus is that there is a lag and that is just a fact. It's not a coincidence that so many people have complained about it. I went to verizon this past saturday to play with a storm. The lag wore my patience out after only 3 minutes and I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth after wasting my gas. And NO it wasnt because there were other applications running on it. The storm is sweet looking phone don't get me wrong. But, we will never be able to wrap our heads arounds it full potential until a worthy OS upgrade is made available.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by EricScott View Post
    If you have used a Bold it definitely feels like the Storm has a pretty noticeable lag. Agreed it isn't much worse than I had on my Pearl (that thing would take like 5 minutes to load my picture thumbnails)...but compared to the Bold it is SLOW....one of the main reasons I returned mine.
    o ok
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I don't own a storm,but, I do believe different users have had different results. But the general consensus is that there is a lag and that is just a fact. It's not a coincidence that so many people have complained about it. I went to verizon this past saturday to play with a storm. The lag wore my patience out after only 3 minutes and I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth after wasting my gas. And NO it wasnt because there were other applications running on it. The storm is sweet looking phone don't get me wrong. But, we will never be able to wrap our heads arounds it full potential until a worthy OS upgrade is made available.
    ok fine. for the "not so smart" people like me,lets break this down. where is the lag? when switching from what to what and how long does it take? maybe if we break it down we can get some real comparisons between storms(or other berries for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    ok fine. for the "not so smart" people like me,lets break this down. where is the lag? when switching from what to what and how long does it take? maybe if we break it down we can get some real comparisons between storms(or other berries for that matter).
    I never said you were not so smart cat. Read my post again where it said different people have had different results and that it wasn't a coincidence that so many folks have complained about it so don't go there.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    lag? did you say lag? what lag? come on guys this thing doesn't lag as much as my pearl did and i loved my pearl. are yall experiencing a real lag or is this a figment of the "storm haters united" groups imagination?
    I agree. Minimal compared to others. I'm not worried about it, and it's not bothering me in the least.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I never said you were not so smart cat. Read my post again where it said different people have had different results and that it wasn't a coincidence that so many folks have complained about it so don't go there.
    i didn't mean to come off that way.i just like to throw out that disclaimer.

i was really wanting it broke down so we could do some comparisons. i know you can't because you don't have one but maybe some other storm owners experiencing lag could post some tests.

Well whatever happens if you are happy (and all storm owners) with your storm that is great as should all BB users be

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    mine was delivered this afternoon at home so I'll get to play with it when I get home later.

Now.... is this really a lag problem with the OS? Because each time I upgraded my pearl or the curve to a new OS it lagged also at first. Later as I went through the menus it got everything straight and its speed increased. You know, like it was trying to gather its information to perform a function for the 1st time.

Anyway... I went to VZW during lunch and the one that they had was so damn slow. Then again it also had all kinds of prints and pictures and videos loaded from people that kept messing with it. So I guess thats expected on a floor model that everyone messes with. I really hope the new one waiting for me at home isnt as bad as everyone says. I'll post back if anything after I get to use it for a bit.
    Last edited by WiseGuy; 11-24-2008 at 06:32 PM.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I own one, and yes it lags. Periodically it takes several seconds to respond to selecting an icon on the screen with my finger. Also, periodically it takes several seconds to respond to pressing one of the four hardware buttons. I have also had several times where I have pressed one of the hardware buttons and there has been NO REPONSE AT ALL.

I'm not a "storm hater". I want to like this phone. I was just as excited about the release of this thing as everyone else. I am just having some real issues with the thing lagging and jamming up. Obviously, it lags when rotating between portrait and landscape also, and frequently locks in one position. Also, I have had it lock up where half of the keyboard was visible (in both portrait and landscape modes) or where half of a menu was visible. In both cases it took a battery pull to fix it.

This could be a great phone, but they sure have work to do...

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    It does lag. I tried 2 demos and both lagged multiple times during my session with them. I will report that I have the bold from rogers->tmo and its way faster in response time compared to what I felt from the storm. One of the demos was stuck into a forever hourglass/hour timer. I just walked away afterwards.
    Last edited by pinpoint; 11-24-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    Well I own one, and yes it lags. Periodically it takes several seconds to respond to selecting an icon on the screen with my finger. Also, periodically it takes several seconds to respond to pressing one of the four hardware buttons. I have also had several times where I have pressed one of the hardware buttons and there has been NO REPONSE AT ALL.

I'm not a "storm hater". I want to like this phone. I was just as excited about the release of this thing as everyone else. I am just having some real issues with the thing lagging and jamming up. Obviously, it lags when rotating between portrait and landscape also, and frequently locks in one position. Also, I have had it lock up where half of the keyboard was visible (in both portrait and landscape modes) or where half of a menu was visible. In both cases it took a battery pull to fix it.

This could be a great phone, but they sure have work to do...
    dang flyaway, i hate that for you. you might hve a bad unit or have something loaded on it thats messing stuff up. i've had to do a battery pull 1 time for a freeze up. it was on the first day i had it and i can't remember what i was doing. as far as switching from potriat to landscape is 1 second or less.the first time i rotate it after waking it up it takes about 2 seconds but after that it's back to 1 second. the lag on the hard buttons is less tha a second. icon selection lag is about a second.

dang flyaway, i hate that for you. you might hve a bad unit or have something loaded on it thats messing stuff up. i've had to do a battery pull 1 time for a freeze up. it was on the first day i had it and i can't remember what i was doing. as far as switching from potriat to landscape is 1 second or less.the first time i rotate it after waking it up it takes about 2 seconds but after that it's back to 1 second. the lag on the hard buttons is less tha a second. icon selection lag is about a second.
    what about your camera - i forgot to mention that the camera on mine lags like crazy also. It takes several seconds from when i push the button to when it takes the photo, meanwhile my 18 month old son (subject of the attempted photo shoot) has run to the next room!

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    does anyone know what case this is for the storm?? i can't find the item code on the verizon site for some reason.

Item Code Description Quantity Price/Unit Cost After Discount

RIMSTORMSLV CAS:RIMSTORMslvcase 1 $19.99 $9.99
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    what about your camera - i forgot to mention that the camera on mine lags like crazy also. It takes several seconds from when i push the button to when it takes the photo, meanwhile my 18 month old son (subject of the attempted photo shoot) has run to the next room!
    finally....something i can relate to. YES my camera lags badly. hoping the new os will fix this because it takes great pics but is very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    It does lag. I tried 2 demos and both lagged multiple times during my session with them. I will report that I have the bold from rogers->tmo and its way faster in response time compared to what I felt from the storm. One of the demos was stuck into a forever hourglass/hour timer. I just walked away afterwards.

Don't base too much of your opinion on the demo unit. Despite all the issues that I'm having with mine, the lag on the demo was much worse (and constant rather than intermittent) than my unit. If you really want to know for yourself, buy it, and take it home and try it for a while.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast