Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It says its running 2.1.2 and I downloaded the beta...lemme take off compaitbility mode.... BlackBerry Storm forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

It says its running 2.1.2 and I downloaded the beta...lemme take off compaitbility mode.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    OK...disabled compatibility mode and still getting the same images...can anyone else take screen shots to see whats happening? See if I'm the only one.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    That's weird. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. We now explicitly added the turned off compatability mode flag to the latest build.

The compatibility mode seems to be a bit tough to remove when you had a non OS 4.7 (Storm) version (release instead of beta version) installed before.
    Last edited by pfluger; 11-26-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    OK Review #2!!!
    This program is getting better and better. A few things i was discussing with my friends about this program is that it would be cool if it had a shortcut to sending SMS Messages. just a thought lol. But now back to the new beta. I do think its getting faster. I still noticed that when you scroll through the contacts list it lags and you have to actually highlight the contacts name to make the list clear. The response time seems a little bit faster. Accessing the log is pretty easy as well. its nice if you lose signal and it kicks you off and then you get back online you can remember what you were talking about. Overall I feel that this program is a great tool and will only get better as you continue to work on it. I look forward to future releases and I feel that this will permanently be on my berry. It allows me to access my AIM, Yahoo!, Windows Live, and Googletalk all in one program allowing me to erase the individual messenger programs on my phone and freeing up space. (See attached screenshot to see what i mean about the scrolling through the contact list)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by laxmetal23; 11-26-2008 at 08:53 AM.
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530

Great review again

Regarding the lagging and display errors when scrolling through the contact list. Try turning off "Enable visual effect/animations" in the settings.

This setting currently only enables smooth scrolling of the contact list which seems to lead exactly to the reported problems on the Storm. This setting is off by default.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    i enabled then disabled that setting but it still does it. Not as bad as it was but its still noticeable.
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530

PIN/ID
    OK....I have full screen image now...however, I can't seem to add more than one Yahoo, Gmail, etc account....does this program allow for that? Also, it's not showing up in the profiles settings so I can't change the sound or the volume of the sound that it's making.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    OK....I have full screen image now...however, I can't seem to add more than one Yahoo, Gmail, etc account....does this program allow for that? Also, it's not showing up in the profiles settings so I can't change the sound or the volume of the sound that it's making.
    Instango allows multiple accounts of the same type. You would simply have to select 'Add Account' from the menu to add another account of any type.

The Blackberry profile settings should show 'instango - New Message', 'instango - New Message in Foreground' and 'instango - Contact Online'.

What version does instango show when you open the menu and select 'Tools > About instango'?

PIN/ID

graphicconceptz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304833F7
    Great app overall. Just a few issues that I found.

1) The screen still lags as laxmetal23 said.

2) Notifications only work as vibrate; no sound whatsoever. When you take off vibrate in the profile settings it doesn't give you any type of notification.

3) The custom status does not update as you change it. You have to exit the app completely, wait about 5 min, start the app again and then change your custom status for it to register. And even sometimes that doesn't work. Its great that instango actually offers this feature for AIM. The blackberry AIM app does not include this. Only for away messages.

Looking forward to future updates. This app has a lot of potential.

I am on version 2.1.6

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2
    So I too loaded it and liked very much the idea of being able to have all my im's in one place. Only hitch I see is that the red star for new messages always appears now for my sms ico but only on the home page. A tad annoying.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    This just has to be said.... Tongue in cheeck of course.... But

Don't these poor Storm owners have enough testing to do since they are still testing the BETA of 4.7 on the Beta Device??
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

shawn.holmes no está en línea Stack level 1

Not Connecting...

I have a couple of questions.

What is the format that I need to use for my username. Is it just the username that I use to login to the Instango website or is it username@instango.com? When ever I use just the username, I get an authentication failure saying that my username and password are not correct, but I know that they are. If I use "username@instango.com" I'm able to get past the authentication, which brings me to my second problem. The program will not connect, it just tries to reconnect until I close the application. I get a red dot at the top of the screen, and what looks like some data transfer, but it always disconnects and then tries to reconnect until I close the application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Shawn

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just uninstalled this app. Doesnt seem to have a fix for the message notification. Oh well. I really like the app for sure. Will wait for a stable version.
    Peace...Love...Solidarity In Struggle

diztorted no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been (trying) to play with it.. but, I accidently added my AIM account with either the wrong username or password.. and now I can't that account to remove the account. It's not listed under "Accounts", but rather under a seperate section called "Not in list". I'm also not seeing any way to edit account info (i.e. if you enter the wrong password!), which would be VERY helpful.

Is there any way to get rid of that AIM account with the wrong username/pass? It'd be really helpful and I might actually be able to use it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast