Just a quick quesiton. I know you can wirelessly sync your outlook calendar if you ... BlackBerry Storm forum

laxmetal23 no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    30B63ACF

Syncing outlook calendar

Advertisement

Just a quick quesiton. I know you can wirelessly sync your outlook calendar if you are using BES but is there anyway to do it using BIS? i dont have my cable with me at work to plug my berry in and i cant install the blackberry desktop software on my work computer due to restricted access but I tend to input all my important information in my outlook calendar at work. Anyone know if this is possible??
    Matt Urenovich
    E-Mail:MUrenovich@vzw.blackberry.net
    Pin:3048D85A
    Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm 9530

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Laxmetal, I do not know the answer to this but I'm interested in being able to use DM with BT with a different device. I assume you're using the Storm since you posted in that forum.

Perhaps an expert who can help will jump in with a definitive answer.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    i dont really know about using BT to connect to your berry to your computer. I use the good old sync cable lol. If i find anything out ill let you know im gonna ask a couple of my friends.
    Matt Urenovich

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by laxmetal23 View Post
    i dont really know about using BT to connect to your berry to your computer. I use the good old sync cable lol. If i find anything out ill let you know im gonna ask a couple of my friends.
    My problem is different from yours - I've got a spare Pearl with a completely dysfunctional USB port that cannot be fixed. The break is on the phone's card rather than the receptical. So, I can't sync, upgrade or anything else, ever without a BT answer.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3

PIN/ID
    30B63ACF
    stupid administrative rights it wont let me install the google synce program on my computer. AAAAHHHHHH
    Matt Urenovich

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    If you can't install either Desktop Manager (needed for both Bluetooth and USB Sync) and you can't install the google sync program, I think you're out of luck.

I'd talk to your IT department about installing Desktop Manager. It's not unreasonable that you'll want to synchronize your appointment data with your PDA which is essentially what you're trying to use your BB for.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    My problem is different from yours - I've got a spare Pearl with a completely dysfunctional USB port that cannot be fixed. The break is on the phone's card rather than the receptical. So, I can't sync, upgrade or anything else, ever without a BT answer.
    If you have a bluetooth enabled computer with Desktop Manager installed, you'll be able to sync. I don't believe you can do a bluetooth upgrade since you'll actually need to go into the bootloader of the device and I'm pretty darn sure the BB has not initialized the BT drivers at that point.

But you'll be able to get your data on it!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade