Hey all, The IT department at my school recently took Vista off of my Dell ... BlackBerry Storm forum

castman63 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Cannot sync BlackBerry Desktop Manager with Microsoft Outlook 2010

Advertisement

Hey all,
    The IT department at my school recently took Vista off of my Dell laptop and put on Windows 7. I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager directly from the Blackberry website. When trying to sync it goes through the process and says "Congratulations You have successfully configured the product." Once I click "Finish" I get a box that pops up that says "Microsoft Outlook Connection Error: No available message stores." We have tried restarting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Blackberry Desktop Manager, but nothing has worked. Can someone please give me a fix for this? Thanks.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It may not be DM. The message you are getting leads me towards checking the setup on Outlook.....I would google the message you get and see what pops up...

Zo

Did some searching and found this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...rnalId=KB20654

Apparently Microsoft and BB are not playing together at this moment.

Zo
    Last edited by Amigotek; 07-07-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added Link and more info.

Amigo,
    Thanks for your reply. I have google the message before I posted this thread. All I could find was the fix for Windows XP where they wanted you to change the name of a file and and a fix. This does not work on my laptop. I may have to try and call BlackBerry tomorrow. Not sure they will help me, but I don't know what else to do. I went to C > Windows > System 32 > change mapi32.dll to mapi32.dllold but it says that I need "permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this file."

Thank you Zo

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    Currently Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not supported with BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 5.0.1. Wait until a newer version is available which should be soon.