My antenna meter (shows your signal strength in the upper right hand corner), will constantly ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mda24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Not sure if this is a Verizon or Storm issue (Mobile Network Options)

Advertisement

My antenna meter (shows your signal strength in the upper right hand corner), will constantly fluctuate. Sometimes it will have no bars at all. Sometimes it will say 1X and other times 1XEV. It constantly is fluctuating. I have to think this has an impact on battery life.

What settings is everyone using in the "Mobile Network Options" menu? I have my network selection mode set to automatic and network technology set to 1XEV.

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    I noticed the fluctuation of signal only before I selected the Mobile Network Options to 1XEV. Between the two, if you are on 1X, it means you have data functionality, but at 1/10th the speed of EVDO, 1XEV is full bore EVDO, so that would seem to be a legitimate loss of signal between towers.

On the Global setting, it seems like the phone was constantly switching between the CDMA network and looking to see if there was a compatible GSM signal to use. Turning it to 1XEV keeps the phone on CDMA and should improve your battery life as it did for mine.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

mda24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Interesting. I will try your recommendation. In the "network selection mode" option under the "Mobile Network" settings menu, are you using "automatic" or "home"?

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm using Home
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army