Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by woodi68 My understanding was the VZ GPS locks were always physical. Example ... BlackBerry Storm forum

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

Agrees with Woodi

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    My understanding was the VZ GPS locks were always physical. Example being an 8830 on Sprint has open GPS, but locked on Verizon. If I load the Sprint OS, makes no difference, still can't use the GPS.

Perhaps it's something deeper in one of the COD (JAD?) files though... like unlocking vendor codes! Those are all "locked" through coding. I would have "thunk" someone would have found that already though...

(P.S. I'm hearing a lot of chatter in here about it working on AT&T, but I ain't seein no proof except "I saw it on another page".)

Hey Diablo, wanna drop your sim in my Storm?

I am from Missouri, show me.

I agree with Woodi.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    the Bold Browser doesnt work on Tmobile network..only hotspot.. so what about the storm? will the browswer work since Tmo doesnt support the service books for it either. Anyone know?
    Dude on crackberry forum posted a workaround to get the Tmob browser to work on the Bold.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    now we're talking-a VZW Storm working with AT&T!!!!!!!!!

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    theres a way to install the proper generic service book for tmobile to use the browser. People have been doing it on the BOLD which has the same browser issue. I did it for bold and works. but now I switched to verizon so too late for me to try it on Tmo

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Either version of the Storm 9500/9530 will work on AT&T or T-Mobile.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Question, an unlock version (no carrier) will work on AT&T? Including 3G and browser? What about service books? I have a very nice offer for an unlock one. Just let me know fast please.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    Question, an unlock version (no carrier) will work on AT&T? Including 3G and browser? What about service books? I have a very nice offer for an unlock one. Just let me know fast please.
    It will work on EDGE. The Storm does not support NA HSPA bands. Yes the Browser and everything else will work.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Humm no 3g and no wifi. Don't like it :'(

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    It will work on EDGE. The Storm does not support NA HSPA bands. Yes the Browser and everything else will work.
    Hey Karabear,

I talked to a AT&T employee who had a STORM. He said all you have to do is buy one from RIM and it comes unlocked....tell AT&T and they will send you a text message with all the codes for that networks that you have to put into your device...He also said it WILL work on their 3G network.

The 3G part really surprised me...I would take your word over his, due to your amaizingness and knowledge..just wanted to know if you have head anything about this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12