if a unlocked storm has bad esn can the blackberry service still be used with ... BlackBerry Storm forum

kiko21 no está en línea Stack level 2

storm with bad esn

Advertisement

if a unlocked storm has bad esn can the blackberry service still be used with sim card carrier ? thank u

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If the ESN or PIN can't be registered then the phone will not be usable.

thank u cowboy i was going to buy one with bad esn for 100 dollars but if i cant use it with bb service its no point thanks

Hacker23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I bought a Storm for $200 & it had a bad ESN & it still worked on TMO.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dymin30 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Same here. I bought one with a bad esn also and it works on tmobile

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Are they fully functionable? I really didn't think you could activate if the ESN was not valid. Interesting, thanks guys.

thank u guys ill be getting it today

analyte no está en línea Stack level 1
    I believe if the ESN is bad, the phone won't work on that specific carrier only. A bad ESN on Verizon will still work on TMO and ATT though since they use the IMEI/PIN.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
    I believe if the ESN is bad, the phone won't work on that specific carrier only. A bad ESN on Verizon will still work on TMO and ATT though since they use the IMEI/PIN.
    you are right thats te exactly way it works, or at least thats what i know on my experience
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    so with that being said, does the phone have to be unlock prior to the ESN going into bad standards?

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Depends on what service are you going to use it... ESN is only used on Verizon so I bet they wont give you service with a bad ESN#, but if you are going to use it on T-mobile or AT&T ESN# doesn't matter since they use IMEI number. Both companies don't have any information about the phone at all so your BB data plan will work on both of them. Also if your PIN was used before and registered with Verizon just go to Verizon store and tell them that you want to release PIN number so you can use it with different carrier.

Trust me I did all that. I went through 40+ hrs on the phone talking to Verizon, AT&T and even BB. Took me whole weekend and little time after work to finally get Verizon to tell me that I have to go to the store and tell them to release my PIN. They couldn't do it over the phone since I don't have a service with Verizon at all.

So all to all it doesn't matter if it has bad ESN or no, and you are going to use the phone on a different carrier than Verizon.