Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i heard that the storm has wifi capability...is there any way to enable it???... BlackBerry Storm forum

caddyclub49 no está en línea Stack level 1

Storm Wifi

Advertisement

i heard that the storm has wifi capability...is there any way to enable it???

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    the storm DOES NOT have a wifi antenna. PERIOD.

the soon to be out (dont ask for a date) Rogers Storm 9520 WILL have Wifi functionalities.
    But the current 9500 and 9530 simply DONT.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    actually. Ive heard many people say that the date for the 9520 is not going to be as soon as people may think....
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    thats why i said dont ask for a date.
    Im playing it "a la RIM". soon could mean tomorrow or the next 4months

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Why would a 9520 have wifi and not be called a 9540? Are there certain features the 9530 has missing from the 9520?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The numbers ofthe models arent consecutive as to get better with higher numbers. Different carriers have different model numbers for the same device Example Curve from T-Mobile is 8320 but from AT&T is 8310 the 8800 from t-mobile is the 8830 from verizon

neo_descarte no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I guess all the posts and blogs about how the storm could not have Wi-fi because it could not fit has been magically solved so rogers gets it? I still wanna go from my pearl to the storm, but the lack of Wi-fi just makes me say, really? But I'll live. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_descarte View Post
    So I guess all the posts and blogs about how the storm could not have Wi-fi because it could not fit has been magically solved so rogers gets it? I still wanna go from my pearl to the storm, but the lack of Wi-fi just makes me say, really? But I'll live. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Verizon and Vodafone didn't want WiFi. The everything couldn't fit excuse was BS on RIMs part.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Thats crap. Now when the WiFi comes out i'll have to figure out a way to get rid of my current storm, buy a rogers storm, and then jump it onto Verizon's network.... whata bummer

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    Thats crap. Now when the WiFi comes out i'll have to figure out a way to get rid of my current storm, buy a rogers storm, and then jump it onto Verizon's network.... whata bummer
    The Rogers storm wont have a CDMA antenna therefore it wont be able to work on the Verizon Network.

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Yet another bummer... I thought all models of the storm were going to have CDMA + GSM guess not. Maybe thats why the verizon phone passed on WiFi - infavor of GSM for Voda

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Question: The Qualcomm Chip used on the Storm is the MSM7600 right? Well this chipset Support for 802.11a/b/g and Voice-over-IP capabilities.
    Data:http://www.qctconnect.com/download_l...00_chipset.pdf

Then something is weird...Also support up to 8mp camera. And depends on the configuration; all UMTS frequencies. Looking at the RIM BOM the RF Transeiver used is the RTR6585. If you noticed on the specs, the RTR6585 includes UMTS 1900 + 850 MHz, same as ATT 3G. Maybe this chipset not just support WiFi, but also NA 3G.

What could happends if I manualy add the Bold UMTS file on the Storm CDMA Folder. Same as the Hybrid OS (.99/.90OS) but changing the radio files?
    Last edited by xattica; 02-08-2009 at 02:19 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hmmm .... im not too sure but what you bring up is REALLY interesting ... ill look into it and get back to you.
    Do your thing on your side too

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Hehe... I want to test it out.
    First try: Using the Bold UMTS file, changing the name to rim0x04001404.sfi and paste on the .99 OS CDMA Folder... Updating Now. Uploading. The DM ask me to downgrade. Stuck on modules (0 of 317).

Second try: Using loader.exe. All installed. Storm booting up. Everything OK. But is likes nothing happends. The Storm has a stron EDGE signal likes before. I force 3G but nothing happends.

Third try: changing the Platform.alx
    Last edited by xattica; 02-08-2009 at 04:43 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ill test it out on my buddy's storm and get back to you but im not seeing him for another 2-3 days.

Let me know how you progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast