Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Originally Posted by shagvirus naw ill get one some other day..this puppy is DEAD!! unless ... BlackBerry Storm forum

  1. #16
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by shagvirus View Post
    naw ill get one some other day..this puppy is DEAD!!
    unless your just fed up with it keep trying.i bet it's still got a pulse.
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  2. #17
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    You need to get the OS onto your computer.... Argh.... Any storm OS's floating around the net yet.

    Frustrates the heck out of me that MOST carriers release the devices and the OS follows days or weeks later. How stupid. Don't they know some of us push BUTTONS!!

    I hate CARRIERS!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  3. #18
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    You need to get the OS onto your computer.... Argh.... Any storm OS's floating around the net yet.

    Frustrates the heck out of me that MOST carriers release the devices and the OS follows days or weeks later. How stupid. Don't they know some of us push BUTTONS!!

    I hate CARRIERS!
    i haven't unpacked my cd's but is the os not on one of those?
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  4. #19
    ItsNowOrNever's Avatar
    ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30485184
    Posts
    2,994
    hmmm......mine is doing the same thing....but I think my battery is just caput...go to the store, replace the battery with one in the demo phone and then demand that they give you a new battery.....

    YUp...mine just popped back on...the battery was dead from the start. It has been pluggedin since 11am and wasn't showing a charge
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

  5. #20
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    hmmm......mine is doing the same thing....but I think my battery is just caput...go to the store, replace the battery with one in the demo phone and then demand that they give you a new battery.....

    YUp...mine just popped back on...the battery was dead from the start. It has been pluggedin since 11am and wasn't showing a charge
    yeah sir...leave it on the charger and see what happens ..wall charger not usb
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  6. #21
    vortec7's Avatar
    vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Posts
    531
    I would call the store A.S.A.P.
    The Verizon stores are able to get Storm's overnighted to their location on a need only basis. Being Fri, and all i would see if they can have you one their tomorrow AM
    Good Luck
    :)

  7. #22
    vortec7's Avatar
    vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i haven't unpacked my cd's but is the os not on one of those?
    No, Desktop manager on the blue one.
    USB drivers, Rhapsody and other media software on the white one.
    Verizon is holding on to the OS to prevent new versions from popping up on torrent sites.
    :)

  8. #23
    Mr_Carter's Avatar
    Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,388
    Let us know the outcome of your situation. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #24
    shagvirus's Avatar
    shagvirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    39
    OK battery was bad. Funny thing was i took it to the verizon store, they said they will look at it come back in an hour. Hour later, the manager i was speaking with said i need to call tech support to try to reload the OS. They said that i possibly might have voided the warranty reloading the OS and since it didnt take from the bad battery. Basically said what ever give me my phone back with new battery and went home. Got home to reload the OS, they kept my usb cable. I know my bad for not checking the box but WTF!!!!

    Borrowed my usb cable from my nephew, reloaded OS. ITS ALIVE !!!!!

    Thanks all for your help

  10. #25
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by shagvirus View Post
    OK battery was bad. Funny thing was i took it to the verizon store, they said they will look at it come back in an hour. Hour later, the manager i was speaking with said i need to call tech support to try to reload the OS. They said that i possibly might have voided the warranty reloading the OS and since it didnt take from the bad battery. Basically said what ever give me my phone back with new battery and went home. Got home to reload the OS, they kept my usb cable. I know my bad for not checking the box but WTF!!!!

    Borrowed my usb cable from my nephew, reloaded OS. ITS ALIVE !!!!!

    Thanks all for your help
    great news...but where did you get this os?
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  11. #26
    shagvirus's Avatar
    shagvirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    39
    from the device manager, just reloaded the 4.7 from it .65 version

  12. #27
    HeavyComponent's Avatar
    HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Posts
    2,557
    I would of had a heart attack!!! Good to hear you are up and running.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

    --HeavyC.

  13. #28
    Mr_Carter's Avatar
    Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,388
    Definitely good to know that you are operational again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  14. #29
    shagvirus's Avatar
    shagvirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    39
    On my way to tanners ville outlets. Needs
    A full os re install tho half was done when battery
    Was bad. Kind of pissed about the os version dilemma
    Going around. Oh well ttfn
    Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  15. #30
    rmerck's Avatar
    rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    great news...but where did you get this os?
    OS is available direct from VZW/SmithMicro:

    http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry...px?ct=personal
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •