I've seen conflicting info on this subject. I'm not interested in browsing, etc. with the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

kenherman no está en línea Stack level 1

Storm w/o internet, email, etc. on AT&T?

Advertisement

I've seen conflicting info on this subject. I'm not interested in browsing, etc. with the Storm, just using it as a phone - because, I mainly used my Pearl (which just died) for syncing with Outlook. No email, nothing - just phone calls.

Can it be done and what would it take to get the Storm working on AT&T's network. And, do you think it would be worth the effort?

Thanks.

bkeen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ken,

Right now, the Storm is only offered on two networks, Verizon in the U.S. and Vodo in the U.K. I haven't seen any cracks for the Storm yet but I have heard people being able to put their SIM card in and running it on different networks, but they were on T-Mobile. As far as a data plan, you'd have to discuss that with your carrier and then you can simply hide the browser and stuff just like you probably did with your Pearl.

onepoonis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenherman View Post
    I've seen conflicting info on this subject. I'm not interested in browsing, etc. with the Storm, just using it as a phone - because, I mainly used my Pearl (which just died) for syncing with Outlook. No email, nothing - just phone calls.

Can it be done and what would it take to get the Storm working on AT&T's network. And, do you think it would be worth the effort?

Thanks.
    if you want to use it just for phone, you just need to get your storm unlocked (if not already) and just put your sim card in. go into options > mobile network > turn off data service, network selection to automatic, network technology to gsm/umts, network mode to 3g/2g.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yep onepoonis summed it up well, you need to buy an unlocked one, pop your ATT sim card in and turn off data.

saigon no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah. I currently have a storm that is unlocked. You just have to find someone with a Verizon account, add it to it, ask for the code and then you can take it off again. That's what I did as my stepdad has verizon and I did it twice actually as I had two storm's within the past month. If you don't want data, etc., then you can use it as a phone but if you want email/browser, you gotta do a few extra things to put custom service books as AT&T doesnt have the storm thus isn't sending any service books out for it. It works perfectly though!