I am considering upgrading from my 8830 to the Storm. I love my 8830 but ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Doral no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C79COF

Storm vs 8830

Advertisement

I am considering upgrading from my 8830 to the Storm. I love my 8830 but I feel I am restricted by the number of apps I can download and still have the phone running smoothly. I think this is due to the amount of RAM available. Anyway, I have been looking at the Storm, but there seem to be a lot of problems with this model. Can someone give me an honest, unbiased opinion. Thanks in advance
    Support our Troops!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doral View Post
    I am considering upgrading from my 8830 to the Storm. I love my 8830 but I feel I am restricted by the number of apps I can download and still have the phone running smoothly. I think this is due to the amount of RAM available. Anyway, I have been looking at the Storm, but there seem to be a lot of problems with this model. Can someone give me an honest, unbiased opinion. Thanks in advance
    i love my storm and wouldn't trade it for anything. my opinion is....wait for the storm2. it should be out in a few months and then you will have the latest,greatest.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would also consider waiting for the Storm 2. However if you just cant wait compare the Storm and the Tour. They both will give you a lot more available app memory and I am sure either would make you happy.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i love my storm and wouldn't trade it for anything. my opinion is....wait for the storm2. it should be out in a few months and then you will have the latest,greatest.
    I agree i'm done with trackball type phones, i since i got my Storm, its been an up hill battle, but now that i hooked it up to my specs, i love this thing, i'm gonna be mad when Storm 2 comes out, all the stuff i have in mine, how am i gonna transfer it all, but other than that you'll love the storm bro....So good luck...

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    you might really want to compare the storm and the tour before you upgrade....or like previously said wait for storm 2. I personally didn't think the storm was too bad in the beginning but now i can not stand it at all. it constantly restarts and locks up. always gives me call failed's and dropped calls. vzw is sending my 2nd replacement in a week. it will be here tuesday. the 1 they just sent me went berserk before i could even use it and completely did not work. vzw doesnt know what to say. I cant stand it. I dont know what im going to do if they have to send me another one after this one and it doesnt work! i will lose my mind. if that happens i might actually consider leaving bb al together. it is really annoying that vzw and rim released this p.o.s phone. not to mention they definately didnt do enough testing on it first. the crap all of us storm users went through all this time and are still going through. you may just want to wait man.....honestly you may just want to wait!

just my 2 cents.....not that it matters.

good luck

Pat
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i love my storm and wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Well said! Cheers to that one.
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Storm2

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I bought the Storm to replace my 8830WE.
    I love the Storm!
    I thought it would take forever to learn typing on the touch screen. NOT
    My 8830 is for sale. It is a great phone too. But I want screen real estate and the Storm works great.
    Especially watching movies and reading web pages.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)