Received the Storm 2 weeks ago and im sending it back in a box today. ... BlackBerry Storm forum

mortirius123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Storm User Review

Advertisement

Received the Storm 2 weeks ago and im sending it back in a box today. I gave up with it even downloaded the latest OS 4.7. IMO the phone was not ready for release the software was terrible and the delay on the the rotation screen took very long plus the keyboard was somewhat unresponsive at times. Worst of all when the screen got cold from being in cold weather it failed to work completely, to top it off since emergency call is an option on the unlock screen the phone had placed a 911 call in my pocket while i was at work. Overall it's a terrible phone that doesn't even flip upside down the rotation is limited instead of rotating in four ways it only rotates in 3.... It was a big let down i went back to my 8830.

P.S. It did look really cool tho

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    why would you keep it in your pocket?? to get scratched or who knows what else... maybe your device was defective because i have had no problem with the accelerometer (rotation of the screen) at all. did you change the settings for the key rate and touchscreen settings? as far as the upside down part.. you wouldn't have access to the call,menu,back,call end keys..

well to each his own... i'm sorry you had such bad luck with it. at least you gave it a shot.

btw i haven't upgraded to the new 4.7.0.75 update yet since it already seems fast to me.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

mortirius123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm a teacher in a high school so i like to keep my personal belongings close by, which reminds me the plastic screen protector i got for it could not be used, When i called verizon they told me that i shouldn't put a cover on it. the 4.0.7.0.75 is beta so its still buggy

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mortirius123 View Post
    Received the Storm 2 weeks ago and im sending it back in a box today. I gave up with it even downloaded the latest OS 4.7. IMO the phone was not ready for release the software was terrible and the delay on the the rotation screen took very long plus the keyboard was somewhat unresponsive at times. Worst of all when the screen got cold from being in cold weather it failed to work completely, to top it off since emergency call is an option on the unlock screen the phone had placed a 911 call in my pocket while i was at work. Overall it's a terrible phone that doesn't even flip upside down the rotation is limited instead of rotating in four ways it only rotates in 3.... It was a big let down i went back to my 8830.

P.S. It did look really cool tho
    Thanks for sharing your honest opinon!

PIN/ID
    You can't listen to them people... Well you should of got a holster. I'm sure you could use that. The upgrade is official now. Verizon released it before the weekend. But I can understand where you are coming from. Bugs are to be expected though with anything new. I also got the screen protector and I messed up the first time I put it on but the pack came with 3 so it was fine.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It's easy to tell a person that they should get a holster, but frankly, I don't find that very good advice for his problems. Not everyone likes a holster and if RIM has managed to create a device that you can't carry in your pocket, then I find that a major downfall of the device.

I carry my Curve in a pocket. I carried a Pearl in my pocket before. I've used holsters and while I do like them, they aren't always a solution.

@OP - Thanks for sharing your opinion. It's too bad you had a bad experience with the device. Some people have reported great success with them so perhaps it's just luck of the draw?
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    word... i just find it easier to get a phone quick right from my hip rather than dig in my pocket. it's all about preference. If i'm sitting down, i'd have to stand to dig in my pocket and get my phone out. i use my old leather swivel holster from my curve now with my storm.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    Mortirius123 I say if you like it cool and if not that cool too. Who am I to argue about holster no holster, pocket no pocket. As long as you still use a berry and are here on pinstack, good for you . I made a post last week or so about using a stylus and got alot of **** about it, not everyone knows everything. I was using one cause i cut my thumb severely on thanksgiving and couldn't type. PPl were jumping to conclusion then just like they are now. Make you almost feel sorry you posted anything at all right? I was like "where did this nastyness come from, omg" lol, good for you!
    MrS.OfFiCeR