Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I was just curious if anyone knew if T-Mobile was going to be getting the ... BlackBerry Storm forum

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3

Storm to T-Mobile?

Advertisement

I was just curious if anyone knew if T-Mobile was going to be getting the Storm. I'm actually an employee of t-mobile, and I turn to pinstack, and tmonews, and crackberry for all of my info. And where does that info come from....stackers like us! anywho, i recall i think on crackberry, that it showed tmo german was getting a bb 9500 serious. But i dont understand why doesnt tmo usa ever get the good phones. I know we are coming out with the bb flip...its cool, i've seen in person, and played with one. I"m actually winning one, and if anyone has the right price i'll unlock it for free, and sell it. And I'm pretty sure we will be getting the "curve 2" aka the javelin. But who cares about those phones. I know i'm going to hear alot of crap from you guys, but I really would like an innovative touch screen. Sure, tmo is getting the G1...and yes, it does look cool, but all I can say is....HTC....i mean windows mobile sucked....i dont know how this whole android thing could be good either. I guess we will have to see...I"m really sorry for posting this long thread, but I just want a BB storm! it looks amazing, specs seem great, (except lack of wifi) ....does anyone feel the same way as me? And does anyone know if TMO would get a storm....again, thanks for reading this thread.

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3
    just to fix my spelling errors..i meant to say germany and 9500 series..not serious...lol

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12
    looks like it's exclusive by verizon? really? please T-mo!....:cry:
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12
    cmon t-mo, no bold, no storm....wtf?
    i mean that flip s**t is kinda cool but where are the "big" phones?
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    T-Mobile will have some great new BlackBerrys very soon, a little patience and we will be rewarded.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    T-Mobile will have some great new BlackBerrys very soon, a little patience and we will be rewarded.
    I would sure like to have a realistic timeline on when the Curve II is going to be available... Any SWAGs??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    I would sure like to have a realistic timeline on when the Curve II is going to be available... Any SWAGs??
    What I do know is that the model that is slated to be the Curve replacement is the Javelin. If you google it you will see some pictures on the various sites. It's a great looking BB. Timeline? Who knows at this point, but at the rate that RIM is pushing out new models (except for the Bold) I would not be surprised to see it before the end of the year.

Cheers

djlitez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241C50A0

I was at my local T-mobile dealer yesterday, as of right now it seems like the Storm is only exclusively for Verizon. T-mobile is focusing on the new G1 phone. They have started to launch 3G in some cities, but it will be another month or two before I can take advantage of it. In addition to that, it's not certain if 3G will be supported for data, only voice. They're moving really slow with the BB technology....that includes updated device OS.

PIN/ID
    241C50A0
    How did people get the 4.5 OS on the t-mo 8320? I want that too!! Please help me!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    djlitez,

4.5: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

Upgrade instructions: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.81 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    241C50A0
    Thanks HeavyComponent,

I'll get right to it!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by djlitez View Post
    the Storm is only exclusively for Verizon. T-mobile is focusing on the new G1 phone. They have started to launch 3G in some cities, but it's not certain if 3G will be supported for data, only voice. They're moving really slow with the BB technology.
    The T-Mobile 3G network is very similar to AT&T and will definitely handle data & voice. That is an advantage of any 3G network. The Storm is currently a CDMA device whereas T-Mobile & AT&T are GSM. RIM will make the GSM Storm available to both T-Mobile & AT&T after the short term exclusive with Verizon. So I would not be critical of T-Mobile as they have some great new BlackBerry's on the way, & their 3G network is well on it's way. It's not unusual for the reps of any carrier to give out false info. It never ceases to amaze me that they will just say anything to look like they have inside info. When indeed they do more harm than good by giving their opinion or guess at what the situation might be. I would not underestimate what T-Mobile has coming up shortly.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    The T-Mobile 3G network is very similar to AT&T and will definitely handle data & voice. That is an advantage of any 3G network. The Storm is currently a CDMA device whereas T-Mobile & AT&T are GSM. RIM will make the GSM Storm available to both T-Mobile & AT&T after the short term exclusive with Verizon. So I would not be critical of T-Mobile as they have some great new BlackBerry's on the way, & their 3G network is well on it's way. It's not unusual for the reps of any carrier to give out false info. It never ceases to amaze me that they will just say anything to look like they have inside info. When indeed they do more harm than good by giving their opinion or guess at what the situation might be. I would not underestimate what T-Mobile has coming up shortly.

But when are we getting the 3G when every body has 4G?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Actually the storm is a GSM device, hence 9530. Verizon will be getting the 9530 the GSM, 3g, and EDGE version.

http://www.blackberry.com/blackberry...features.shtml
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

uscgamecock2001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I spoke to a t-mobile rep last night and she indicated they did not have plans for the Storm (or the Bold for that matter). My question to her (and to anyone here, really) is: can you buy a Storm (or any bb device that your carrier doesn't have) from another source (be it a store or online) and take that bb into your carrier and have it work on their network? The t-mobile rep seemed to think you could so long as the device was GSM. Is this correct?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast