Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow, that's an impressive list of features/diffs. I think I'll be waiting for the Storm ... BlackBerry Storm forum

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Wow, that's an impressive list of features/diffs. I think I'll be waiting for the Storm and I don't think it'll be too long either. They're demoing it at shows and launch parties all over the country, they already have the 3G network running smoothly (<cough>ATT blows<cough>). This could work out well.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you miss the most important fact?

BB = multi-task

Iphone = multi-what??

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391
    Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    Here's a pic of the dock via Engadget:

The Storm enters into "clock mode" automatically when on the dock... good stuff.
    There is no doubt about how beautiful it looks, but I wonder if it would shorten the lifespan of the screen. I would assume that it can be turned off, but what good would it do if the screen is off when you wake up in the middle of the night to see what time it is. Not complaining, just curious...

Well, I've never had a phone that I kept over a year. As long as it lasts that long...

nodnarb1974 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So I just read that a GSM only version of the Storm just passed the FCC. My understanding is that it's for AT&T and I sure hope that is right. I have been delaying buying a new Curve in hopes that we would get the Storm. If I have to wait a few more months it will be worth it.

miamitreo no está en línea Stack level 2
    If the storm comes with the dock, what price point will it come in at? 299?? 399? That's a lot of cash for a phone (I'd pay it, but damn). This phone looks more attractive everytime I read something about it. I can't wait till it comes to ATT (hope it comes to att) !!!!!!

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Nice comparisons!

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    that list was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS.. yeah i read about the fcc approving the gsm Storm .. however .. I think that it will be a long time ... a few months at the least before it goes to at&t RIM is very unhappy and embarrassed with them since even third world countries were rollling out the BOLDS while Americans kept getting lied to about release dates

I read somewhere else ..that the reason it took so long was because AT&T had to wait to finish buying out Ericson's 3G towers .. and that was finalized on 9/28. AT&T probably knew that but greedily did not want to lose RIM's exclusivity clause... especially after success with Apple.

hmmm .. but we'll see.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    it also has a bb flag
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    So, a few questions that I still have. I like the comparison, but seems a little one sided.

1. Will this have something as easy as the app store that the iPhone has? In my opinion I feel this is a big benefit. (Some say this makes the iPhone a toy, and I say what's your point?)
    2. HTML email? Viewing email on my current 8830 sucks if it is in any format other than text. Nobody sends text emails these days. My friend's iphones view email and attachments much better than the 8830.
    3. Data while talking on the phone? On ATT I could be on my bluetooth headset on a conference call AND use data (internet & send/receive email). As far as I know, I can't do this on Verizon.
    4. Can the expandable memory be used to store programs? On my 8830, while I have an 8GB storage card, it still runs like crap if I put to many programs on there. We're talking like 4 additional than the standard BB programs. This also is a benefit it seems of the iphone.

I want to like this new BB and I think I will, but there are some things that annoy me about current blackberry's and Verizon.

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbawabba View Post
    So, a few questions that I still have. I like the comparison, but seems a little one sided.

1. Will this have something as easy as the app store that the iPhone has? In my opinion I feel this is a big benefit. (Some say this makes the iPhone a toy, and I say what's your point?)
    2. HTML email? Viewing email on my current 8830 sucks if it is in any format other than text. Nobody sends text emails these days. My friend's iphones view email and attachments much better than the 8830.
    3. Data while talking on the phone? On ATT I could be on my bluetooth headset on a conference call AND use data (internet & send/receive email). As far as I know, I can't do this on Verizon.
    4. Can the expandable memory be used to store programs? On my 8830, while I have an 8GB storage card, it still runs like crap if I put to many programs on there. We're talking like 4 additional than the standard BB programs. This also is a benefit it seems of the iphone.

I want to like this new BB and I think I will, but there are some things that annoy me about current blackberry's and Verizon.
    1 - Yes, RIM is introducing the BlackBerry Application Center with the Storm. Google the name and you'll find some pictures of Vodaphone's version.
    2 - Have you upgraded your 8830 to OS v4.5? HTML email is now supported across most BlackBerries with this upgrade. Note that unlike the iPhone, the Storm WILL be able to save attachments locally to a media card.
    3 - The Storm will be the first BlackBerry on Verizon's network that supports the new EVDO Rev A spec. Theoretically Rev A allows for simultaneous data/voice and faster uploads vs HSDPA (ATT). Question is, will VZW enable the feature on the Storm?
    4 - Would it make sense to introduce an Application Center if the Storm couldn't handle the downloads? Expandable memory on the iPhone... where?

-s
    Last edited by skelzer; 11-11-2008 at 03:08 PM.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    1 - Yes, RIM is introducing the BlackBerry Application Center with the Storm. Google the name and you'll find some pictures of Vodaphone's version.
    2 - Have you upgraded your 8830 to OS v4.5? HTML email is now supported across most BlackBerries with this upgrade. Note that unlike the iPhone, the Storm WILL be able to save attachments locally to a media card.
    3 - The Storm will be the first BlackBerry on Verizon's network that supports the new EVDO Rev A spec. Theoretically Rev A allows for simultaneous data/voice and faster uploads vs HSDPA (ATT). Question is, will VZW enable the feature on the Storm?
    4 - Would it make sense to introduce an Application Center if the Storm couldn't handle the downloads? Expandable memory on the iPhone... where?

-s
    1. Google'd it. Good to know. Thanks.
    2. Have not upgraded yet, Didn't know I could with VZ, will check into it.
    3. Rev A. I didn't know this, that too is good to know.
    4. Good answer.

I just hope that verizon doesn't limit the features that RIM built into their phone. I know apple does the same thing which is annoying, but ATT historically has been more open than VZ.

Thanks for the updates to my questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12