Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

I confirm with people at Verizon that storm has sold out EVERYWHERE by 9:30am. My ... BlackBerry Storm forum

  1. #1
    jrgonz454's Avatar
    jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    Posts
    55

    Storm Sold Out

    Advertisement



    I confirm with people at Verizon that storm has sold out EVERYWHERE by 9:30am. My B2B customers are . So much for a bum economy.

  2. #2
    vangorder's Avatar
    vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    198
    No.. The economy still sucks...

    We're Americans; always have to have our toys. Instant gratification.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

  3. #3
    jrgonz454's Avatar
    jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by vangorder View Post
    No.. The economy still sucks...

    We're Americans; always have to have our toys. Instant gratification.
    Its media propaganda!

  4. #4
    cabinets's Avatar
    cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    120
    Give it a day or two. The returns will be flooding in from unhappy customers.

  5. #5
    PROCUT08's Avatar
    PROCUT08 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    My Verizon Store Had 20 At 8 Am And He Said They Were Gone By 10 Am In Orange Park Fl

  6. #6
    kdkng's Avatar
    kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    Posts
    135
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I'm on mine. I waited over night for mine in orange park fl as well

  7. #7
    nickjoedotcom's Avatar
    nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    Give it a day or two. The returns will be flooding in from unhappy customers.
    What makes you say that?

  8. #8
    tsykes's Avatar
    tsykes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    What makes you say that?
    The fact that half the people I saw at my verizon were over the age of 40 and couldn't get to the internet or messages. Nor do they even use a blackberry.

    It just makes me laugh that they get pissed about the check-in touch screen at the VZW store but want a touch screen phone!

  9. #9
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by tsykes View Post
    The fact that half the people I saw at my verizon were over the age of 40 and couldn't get to the internet or messages. Nor do they even use a blackberry.

    It just makes me laugh that they get pissed about the check-in touch screen at the VZW store but want a touch screen phone!
    you'll be 40 one day and realize how smart 40 year olds can be. by the way i'm 45
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  10. #10
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    What makes you say that?
    cabinet is a notorious storm hater.
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  11. #11
    nickjoedotcom's Avatar
    nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by tsykes View Post
    The fact that half the people I saw at my verizon were over the age of 40 and couldn't get to the internet or messages. Nor do they even use a blackberry.

    It just makes me laugh that they get pissed about the check-in touch screen at the VZW store but want a touch screen phone!

    I can understand what you mean, some people aren't hip to technology. But I guess that is up to the sales person to protect that person from themselves in that case. I work in a Verizon store and I see that kind of thing all the time where people just want something because it's new and not because what they have doesn't work anymore.

    I feel like there should be a disclaimer and a small quiz to go along with smartphones. Something that let's people know what they are getting into and that they know how to handle that.

  12. #12
    nickjoedotcom's Avatar
    nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    cabinet is a notorious storm hater.
    Fair enough! I should become a notorious Storm lover. In my opinion all things RIM are good. Especially when your carrier scores a sweet exclusive.
    Last edited by nickjoedotcom; 11-21-2008 at 07:31 PM.

  13. #13
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    you'll be 40 one day and realize how smart 40 year olds can be. by the way i'm 45
    I agree! There so many more smarter 40 years olds than there are "20 somethings". I'm not quite 40 (39) yet and I'd bet I can run a lot of people under a table when it comes to blackberry even the "young folks"!!!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    I can understand what you mean, some people aren't hip to technology. But I guess that is up to the sales person to protect that person from themselves in that case. I work in a Verizon store and I see that kind of thing all the time where people just want something because it's new and not because what they have doesn't work anymore.

    I feel like there should be a disclaimer and a small quiz to go along with smartphones. Something that let's people know what they are getting into and that they know how to handle that.
    a smart phone is what you make it.it is only as smart as the operator. i could see a non-tech person getting a berry and using it for nothing other than making phone calls and being completely happy with it.then if they ever decided to get a little wild...the hardware is already there.
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  15. #15
    vortec7's Avatar
    vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Posts
    531
    just an FYI, I too encountered the "sold out" scenarios at the veriozn stores. However, hit up the Best Buy's, Circuti City's and Kiosk's and that's where i found mine! Tons of inventory at the big box stores too.
    Good Luck, it's worth it
    :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •