OK, so i have 2 BB's on vzw. A storm and a 8330. With my ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jpellett no está en línea Stack level 1

Storm Shows no service bars.

Advertisement

OK, so i have 2 BB's on vzw. A storm and a 8330. With my storm i have a service issue(so i think) but not on my 8330. Sometimes and very random times, my Storm shows NO bars for service for 30secs to 3 mins. But in the same spot and at the same time my 8330 has no issue.

While my storm shows no bars i cant recieve or send any data or calls. I have installed every OS release and wiped multiple times, same with everyone. Any Ideas b4 i go to the service center and look like afool if its something simple.

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jpellett View Post
    OK, so i have 2 BB's on vzw. A storm and a 8330. With my storm i have a service issue(so i think) but not on my 8330. Sometimes and very random times, my Storm shows NO bars for service for 30secs to 3 mins. But in the same spot and at the same time my 8330 has no issue.

While my storm shows no bars i cant recieve or send any data or calls. I have installed every OS release and wiped multiple times, same with everyone. Any Ideas b4 i go to the service center and look like afool if its something simple.
    I can't see the people at the service center thinking you're a fool if there's an obvious problem with the phone. If you don't have any service bars showing, that's a problem, especially if your other VZW phone has service. You may have received a dud. Just exchange it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Maybe it's the SIM card that needs to be swapped. I had that happen many times last year.

rjnebay no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Storm in the mountains

I've had my Storm for almost a month now and have been using it side by side with the 8830 World Edition. I too have updated it with the latest OS. Consistently, I receive a weaker signal on the Storm compared to the 8830. I have visited the same place in the mountains for several years so I am familiar with the signal type and strength in this area. I never expect EV but usually get calls and txt messages over 1x. Not with the Storm. The signal strength is too weak for either.
    In another thread, there was a pretty quick dismissal of the need or advantage of Wi-Fi. Contrary to popular belief, VZW is not everywhere. As a frequent traveler, I see this service challenge more than many. Additionally, VZW uses wireless partners who may be able to carry a call and/or txt, but not data due to compatibility. I am currently in one such area. This is one occasion when Wi-Fi would be advantageous.

I will also add that I continue to struggle with the typing on the Storm. No, I have not added the spacer behind the battery but it's becoming more tempting. As a BB user for over 10 years, I am not comparing it to the iPhone but to the 8830 and perhaps my favorite BB, the 8703. I've read all of the tips and tricks, actually read the manual and went through some of the training but still cannot get comfortable with the keyboards. I'll continue to practice and try different techniques.

I know that occasionally devices are defective but there are also occasions when the device is simply flawed. There are many things about the Storm that is great, especially in the media functions and document viewing. But when it come to the functions that keep me using a BB, I believe the Storm is still brewing. Just sharing the Storm experience in the mountains.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    I hopr mine does better cause I'm moving to rural area...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpellett View Post

try options>mobile network>network technology>1XEV

your berry from time to time tries to find a gsm signal if it's set to global. this shouldn't give you "no bars" for that long of a time but doing this might help and will also save battery.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks