Hi everyone. I'm panicking a little as i write this so if it doesnt make ... BlackBerry Storm forum

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Storm Screen Problem

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I'm panicking a little as i write this so if it doesnt make sense i'm sorry.. ok. so i was texting my friend earlier on an unlocked storm.. I'm with t-mobile.. anyways, in the middle of the text my screen glitched, and all of the sudden it turned to like ants.. u know like the ones on tv, when u have no signal.. i cant get a screen shot of it for some reason, but anyways, i did many, many, many, many battery pulls, but to no avail, i wiped the device with jl thing.. still to no avail. I'm wondering if it's a hardware thing or what? i even downgraded the os, i was running the .141 beta i think is what it was.. i'm not too sure.. then downgraded to a bell mobility one 4.7.0.122. and it is either on the ants again on the screen, or it is just blank.. like black screen.. but i see light from the inside of it.. sooo... have i bricked the phone? or is it a hardware thing? cause my desktop manager still recognizes it and everything.. any help will be greatly appreciated.. also.. is there any good bb repair thing? can i go through rim? like the way nokia does if anything ever goes wrong with the phone? thx for the help everyone!!!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Try the solution on the following tread if that doesn't work then I can say is prolly a hardware issue
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...99#post1040399
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    It kinda happened to me before. I ended up pulling my batter and wait 30 min before I put it back in, worked perfect after 30 min. I don't know if we are talking about the same issue but my screen look something like this pic here
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h

PIN/ID
    hey Trongod. yes it looked something like that.. hopefully that'll be the fix.. i just took out my battery.. So fingers crossed... thx for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by demyxxx View Post
    hey Trongod. yes it looked something like that.. hopefully that'll be the fix.. i just took out my battery.. So fingers crossed... thx for the reply!
    GL I hope it will work for you... If this doesn't work for you then you know its a hardware problem and you need to get a new Storm

zalesi07 Guest
    pulling the battery will always work=]

It has only done that 4 times since I got the storm... 1 min wait works for me lol

PIN/ID
    hey thx for the help guys. Battery pulls did not work, went as long as a day before putting the battery back in. Oh well. another unsolved case for me i guess.. thx for the help though!

Quote Originally Posted by demyxxx View Post
    hey thx for the help guys. Battery pulls did not work, went as long as a day before putting the battery back in. Oh well. another unsolved case for me i guess.. thx for the help though!
    sorry to hear that :*( gl with the replacement

PIN/ID
    yea thx. i think it's the screen cause a friend of mine took screenshots of the phone trhu jl program. and it shows the clock, and everything seems fine.. so hopefully it's the screen only.. i'm gonna try to fix it up by this the end of this week. again.. thx for everything guys