Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a curve 8330. I am thinking of the storm. Can you move through ... BlackBerry Storm forum

piccopower no está en línea Stack level 3

storm owners...need your input

Advertisement

I have a curve 8330. I am thinking of the storm. Can you move through the web page like on the iphone? Or is it the same as the curve, just the up and down viewing. How is the screen? Is it stable? Thanks for any input from the ones who actually have the the storm.

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by piccopower View Post
    I have a curve 8330. I am thinking of the storm. Can you move through the web page like on the iphone? Or is it the same as the curve, just the up and down viewing. How is the screen? Is it stable? Thanks for any input from the ones who actually have the the storm.
    Its like the iphone. Not as good, same premise pretty much.

Stable? If you delete BBM, yes. If not, opinions vary widely.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Web browsing is different...similar to 8330 but with finger-scrolling not ball. You have option for cursor mode as well. I love the screen interaction and clarity. Only stable version out right now seems to be .99, but it is a beta. I had to do a couple of wipes due to a bad app conflict. Over all, the benefits out-weigh the negatives. Despite all the issues, I love my Storm! Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Jbee; 02-08-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Where are you people getting the idea that BBM is the culprit for the random reboots and lags? I've been using BBM for 2 months straight and I haven't had a single problem with my phone.

The real culprit is the SIM card. RIM is aware of the problem and is addressing the issue. Set your network connection to 1XEVDO and remove the SIM card unless you are going overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    Its like the iphone. Not as good, same premise pretty much.

Stable? If you delete BBM, yes. If not, opinions vary widely.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I agree w/SIM card issue...I have had BBM and no issues. However, my SIM card keeps faulting out.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    ~via smartphone~

I just got mine not too long ago and I like it. Its a change from the curve. The only way to see is try it yourself as opinions vary. I'm not going to whine about its imperfection but I do like it, its a blackberry. I get my work emails and it does the job.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have both iPhone 3G & Storm. Both are quite good, and yet I greatly prefer the Storm.

mljenkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the Storm, and the majority of the time the screen is stable. The only time I have a problem with my screen is when I get the message "SIM Card Rejected." Other than that, everything is fine, and of course as you know however you hold the phone, is the way the screen will show up. My only problem is that there are no themes available for the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
    Where are you people getting the idea that BBM is the culprit for the random reboots and lags? I've been using BBM for 2 months straight and I haven't had a single problem with my phone.

The real culprit is the SIM card. RIM is aware of the problem and is addressing the issue. Set your network connection to 1XEVDO and remove the SIM card unless you are going overseas.
    Um, from verizon. Check older posts, and it did fix the issue for a few on this board, including my wife.

We were told directly from VZW to delete if if we don't use it. We did, it fixed the problem. I posted it, others saw the same results.

it's not coincidence. Kudo's to you that you have had no problems. Most Storm owners can't say the same thing.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Mine is not quite a week old, and so far it's perfect

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Um, from verizon. Check older posts, and it did fix the issue for a few on this board, including my wife.

We were told directly from VZW to delete if if we don't use it. We did, it fixed the problem. I posted it, others saw the same results.

it's not coincidence. Kudo's to you that you have had no problems. Most Storm owners can't say the same thing.
    i don't doubt that deleting bbm fixed your problem but a verizon rep told me that the latest os for the storm was 4.5...so don't always take the verizon wizards word for it. i just yanked my sim card for good measure ,,,we'll see how it goes. i had zero problems today and zero bbm messages...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I was using my storm for about 3months with NO faults whatsoever, amazing phone WITH BBM lol

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I was using my storm for about 3months with NO faults whatsoever, amazing phone WITH BBM lol
    Was?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Was?
    got stolen. If it was up to me id still have it. Loved that phone

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Was?
    long story...started with bashed in windows,ended with no storm....
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast