A couple of problems I have encountered with my new BB Storm: Backup Error: When ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Gandalf no está en línea Stack level 1

Storm OS Errors

Advertisement

A couple of problems I have encountered with my new BB Storm:

Backup Error: When I run BB Desk Manager to perform a backup, I always get an error at the very end of the backup.

Boot Error: Whenever I take out the battery out and reinsert or a soft reset, I get this error - "Uncaught Exception:java.lang.IllegalStateException" need to press OK to continue.

I contacted Verizon tech support and they had me load the latest 4.7.0.75 OS. I still have an open ticket since neither problem has yet to be resolved.

Any one else experincing this?

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is the exact error given regarding the DM? Most of the problems, error you are receiving are due to a bug in the OS combined with more than likely a 3rd party application. But what is the error given when you try and backup?

No 3rd party apps installed currently. Fresh OS boot. No error code, just a red error and OK to continue...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    No 3rd party apps installed currently. Fresh OS boot. No error code, just a red error and OK to continue...
    That's fine, it doesn't have to be 3rd party applications, it can also be applications in general. Basically, it's simply a bug within the software. I'm not sure what version OS you are currently using, or your experience level concerning BlackBerry's. But here is my suggestion. First, perform a backup(if you can. But you really need it to accomplish this goal.). After the backup download and install JL_Cmder to your computer. Then plug in device> Double click JL_Cmder icon>select #4, which is wipe and follow the instructions. This will wipe everything off of the device. Once you're done wiping, you need to reinstall the OS. For this go to VZW downloads page and download and install the latest OS to your computer. After it's installed to your computer, plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>Add/remove> and install the OS to the device. After it installs, with the DM open and device plugged in, select backup/restore and restore your device from the backup you made at the beginning.
    Then you're done. I would then clear the Event log: Pull up the QWERTY keyboard, select num lock then press "/"/>menu>clear log> then close. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds, and see if the exceptions and errors are gone.

Verizon tech support had me do all of your steps with the exception of Java steps. Errors still came back under OS v4.7.0.75. Gets further complex with an enterprise activiations. BTW what mode are you in to perform your last step using qwerty commands?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Verizon tech support had me do all of your steps with the exception of Java steps. Errors still came back under OS v4.7.0.75. Gets further complex with an enterprise activiations. BTW what mode are you in to perform your last step using qwerty commands?
    The step you need to complete is wiping the device with JL_Cmder. This is what's going to make the difference. If you're wanting to get past the errors, this is my suggestion.
    As for the event log, pull up the full QWERTY, select 123! for Number lock then press "/"/ then menu, clear log, then close it out and pull the battery.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    i am sure we have touched on this before i know i have...how is it possible that when i make a video from my phone then try to watch it is say it is the wrong format or error saving a 4 second flick?
    MrS.OfFiCeR

DeadsetAce no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdow2405 View Post
    i am sure we have touched on this before i know i have...how is it possible that when i make a video from my phone then try to watch it is say it is the wrong format or error saving a 4 second flick?
    i get this problem too! would love to know the solution