Hi all Any good suggestions? I can not do the upgrade. I have a 9530 ... BlackBerry Storm forum

jvcvem2003 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304A228A

Question Storm OS .99 ... need some help

Advertisement

Hi all

Any good suggestions?

I can not do the upgrade. I have a 9530 OS .90
    My DM(4.7) kind of doesnt reconize its installed to my PC.
    I tried deleting the Vendor File and even tried doing it WITH the vendor file.
    I tried uninstalling all the old OS on my computer and even reinstalling .90

I love triying all the new beta OS whether they suck or not. LoL
    but cant do the latest one.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    and run the app loader
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    304A228A
    LoL oh yeah .... I tried that too!!! :-(
    Didnt work either

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Use dm 4.6 instead of 4.7, I hear 4.7 can be pretty uncooperative~via smartphone~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    make sure you delete all other 9530 os on your pc by using the control panel add/remove. exit from desktop manager.try C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader again
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Use the search feature to look for any other vendor file that may be on your PC. Other options are disconnecting your PC from the web then trying the upgrade. You can also try going to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and run the loader file from there. Which you said you did.

The best fix for you I believe would be to clean uninstall 4.7 it still has issues. I would use 4.6. After installing make sure the OS was not uninstalled with 4.7 if it was rerun it to install back on PC. Then delete vendor.xml and try the loader file again.

PIN/ID
    304A228A
    Yes i did do that Catside ... Thanks "-)

Zantopad, ill give that a try.
    Thanks

PIN/ID
    304A228A
    thanks moderncowboy ... ill try that too!

PIN/ID
    304A228A
    well i want to thank everyone for thier suggestions. no luck doing all what you good people suggested. ill just wait till the next one and hope for the best.

results .... my pc or DM still does not acknowledge OS .99 is installed.
    I tried DM 4.7 and 4.6
    I tried uninstallin ALL previous installed OS even
    Tried using the vendor file, tried deleting the vendor file
    Tried with the memory card in and out
    restarted pc and phone
    tried loadiging from the APP Loader file
    Tried the RIM site WEB Manager

So yall I give up and wait for the next round. Thanks again

MEEKO no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem but mine was solved by deleting the vender file and disconnecting from the net.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    i had the same problem on both my computers one running vista and the other running xp. i always end up doing it on my desktop which runs xp. now that being said also you have to make sure your getting the full file. the first few i downloaded would not install and dm would not recognize it at all. i finally found a good link to it through megaupload. (imo the best site to get the dl's) once downloaded and installed dm finally recognized it. i never can get dm to install any beta os on my phone so i end up running it through the app loader. but you first must make sure you delete the vendor.xml file and that dm recognizes that the file is installed on your computer.
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jvcvem2003 View Post
    Hi all

Any good suggestions?

I can not do the upgrade. I have a 9530 OS .90
    My DM(4.7) kind of doesnt reconize its installed to my PC.
    I tried deleting the Vendor File and even tried doing it WITH the vendor file.
    I tried uninstalling all the old OS on my computer and even reinstalling .90

I love triying all the new beta OS whether they suck or not. LoL
    but cant do the latest one.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?
    I am using a laptop running Vista and the newest DM and it installed .99 fine.

What I did was I unistalled through add and remove programs the .90 OS and then installed the .99 os on the computure and then hooked up the STORM and then installed the software and it worked fine. I hope you were able to get the newest OS installed if not the only thing i can suggest is remove all BB software and then installed the newest DM with out the media and then install OS.99 and then try.

PIN/ID
    304A228A
    hi all ... thanks again for all your recomendations. i tried ALL of them and none work. should i try downgrading my OS and then try upgrading it again? thats the only thing i havent tried. i am just afraid that if i do that, what if it doesnt reconize the one I am on now (OS .90) and then be stuck with the first OS it comes with. I just tried the OS Beta 103 and still having the same issue. I feel like giving up.

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jvcvem2003 View Post
    hi all ... thanks again for all your recomendations. i tried ALL of them and none work. should i try downgrading my OS and then try upgrading it again? thats the only thing i havent tried. i am just afraid that if i do that, what if it doesnt reconize the one I am on now (OS .90) and then be stuck with the first OS it comes with. I just tried the OS Beta 103 and still having the same issue. I feel like giving up.

The DM notices the software versions the one that is always selected for recommended is .75 because it is the official one.
    Just select that one and a message will come up and state this software is older then the one you have if it is higher then the .75 and then just follow the prompts and you will be golden. Then I recommend removing the .99 software from add remove programs and then restart computer and install it again. Then try to update the BB.