Is there anything out there that is "better" or more stable than Verizon's newest?... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Storm OS

Advertisement

Is there anything out there that is "better" or more stable than Verizon's newest?

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    Is there anything out there that is "better" or more stable than Verizon's newest?
    Some people are finding that Telus and Bell's 4.7.0.76 is better than Verizon's .75. It does have a few more fixes but is by no means loads better. It could make your device run better. Also, since Telus and Bell have Officially launched the 9530, .76 is NOT a beta.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I'm not sure what is wrong with .75 but I wouldn't expect huge changes in .76.

I have a Telus Storm, and it runs like a so slow. That is the only thing that is starting to really bother me about this phone. Everything else i've got used too, it's just the delay, and trying to get it to go in to portrait mode from landscape.

kurrupt_1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23AEA032
    im running .76 and my device doesnt run slow.
    "If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!"

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    In reading threads on more than one forum and reading reviews the main complaint people have is the speed of the OS. Sometimes the thing just hangs. It was the biggest ding about the Storm in the iPhone vs Storm contest, really the only major complaint by all of the judges. They nitpicked about other stuff but the lagginess was the major thing. Maybe they'll fix that but I'm waiting until they do. It would drive me nuts coming from a pearl.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    installed .76 on computer and tried upgrading to from .75 to .76. DM sees the new .76 but when i choose it, it says no new files needed. Guess you have to downgrade to .65 first to upgrade from 75 to 76

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    installed .76 on computer and tried upgrading to from .75 to .76. DM sees the new .76 but when i choose it, it says no new files needed. Guess you have to downgrade to .65 first to upgrade from 75 to 76
    tried deleting the vendor.xml, and running the launcher located in crogram files/common files/rim/app loader?

PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    yep. done all that

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm, when i upgraded to .76, the DM way did not work for me, but the loader did... I would also try removing and whatever else exists in the control panel from your machine and dont launch DM, only launch the Loader.exe in that path...

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I had .76 but my phone wouldnt' charge if I was running 76.

The bugs will get worked out....all the phones that are new have had issues whenthey first were released, this will get fixed too....and then when there's a new device there will be complaints about that too.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You need to have your Internet connexion turned off for the DM to not try and upgrade you to .75 instead of .76 if you have a verizon storm.

PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    finally got it. After a few attempts it worked using Loader.exe

i7100i no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304AD7D0
    So any idea when we could expect another OS upgrade? I have
    .75 already but looking forward to the next upgrade.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    .76 is already out and official and just like KaraBear mentioned in another thread .83 is the latest internal build