Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Nothing comes close to matching the perfect balance of function AND form. Although we might ... BlackBerry Storm forum

  1. #31
    skelzer's Avatar
    skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    178

    Advertisement



    Nothing comes close to matching the perfect balance of function AND form.
    Although we might seem critical of the Storm... few of us could abandon it for anything else
    Last edited by skelzer; 01-16-2009 at 01:56 AM.

  2. #32
    DrRicoNarang's Avatar
    DrRicoNarang no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    24AA6ACC
    Posts
    8
    hi im new, wanting to make freinds who know about the BB storm.

  3. #33
    DrRicoNarang's Avatar
    DrRicoNarang no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    24AA6ACC
    Posts
    8
    Hi, Im using the storm. I like it a lot. why dont you try that?
    DR.Rico Narang.

  4. #34
    jls75076's Avatar
    jls75076 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    24324BE2
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by karen898 View Post
    don't know what everyone else will say... I'm in my late 40's but have been told quite often that I look like I'm in my 30's.
    Pics?

  5. #35
    hitdog042's Avatar
    hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by karen898 View Post
    don't know what everyone else will say... I'm in my late 40's but have been told quite often that I look like I'm in my 30's.
    I would say for a true review, hit actual review sites. Not here, where everyone loves their Storm. That's why they are here, it's a Storm forum.

    Everyone that hates it is not here, and judging from Cnet as well as several other review sites, more users hate the thing than like it.

    I'm one of them.

    But do the research yourself. Read all of the user reviews from people who have the device on reputable forums, not a blackberry forum.

    My 2C? The phone is slow. Very slow. Camera is crud. Clocks a lot. Typing is actually not that hard. It's everything else I hate about it.

    the internet browser sucks too.

  6. #36
    BradBlick's Avatar
    BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Posts
    422
    And my 2c are quite the opposite. With the leak of the latest OS (.90) my phones speed has increased 5 fold in every aspect. Browser is lightning. Everythings great althought I still feel like theres plenty of room before the phone will be at its first great solid official OS. People are very quick to judge this phone even though it may have released a bit too early, just remember the iphone's been out for years, the storm only has about 2 full months under its belt.

    Edit- Camera works like a charm for me, focuses quick snaps quick and saves quick!

    Anyway to each their own. Just be patient either way is all im sayin =)

  7. #37
    JETMack's Avatar
    JETMack no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    PIN/ID
    304F43BD
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by karen898 View Post
    I actually did go to the Verizon store during the holiday to check it out. There were too many people crowded around the Storm demo, but my co-worker and I had been drinking during lunch, so we were kind of pushy. She got her hands on the Storm and really liked it. Now I have to go back and get my hands on it!
    Verizon will let you test drive the Storm for 30 days! What do you have to loose? I recieved my Storm just before Christmas and it has taken so getting use to. I'm probibly over phoned, but what the heck! I work full time and run a small business. So the Storm is like having a hand held lap-top!
    Good luck in your quest!

    BTW.......I'm in my late 50's and people often say I look like I'm in my late 60's.............
    Last edited by JETMack; 01-24-2009 at 03:29 PM.

  8. #38
    hitdog042's Avatar
    hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    And my 2c are quite the opposite. With the leak of the latest OS (.90) my phones speed has increased 5 fold in every aspect. Browser is lightning. Everythings great althought I still feel like theres plenty of room before the phone will be at its first great solid official OS. People are very quick to judge this phone even though it may have released a bit too early, just remember the iphone's been out for years, the storm only has about 2 full months under its belt.

    Edit- Camera works like a charm for me, focuses quick snaps quick and saves quick!

    Anyway to each their own. Just be patient either way is all im sayin =)
    comical reply. The average mid 40's woman is not going to hack her phone for an unreleased OS. C'mon.

    If there's a release that fixes these issues, VZW needs to get it out. Period. And who compared it to the iPhone?

  9. #39
    Charlie Hustle's Avatar
    Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Posts
    537
    I had my hands on the actual strom during christmas break, and i was in love with it. I cant get it because im under contract with sprint. The response time was a lil slow compared to my curve, but not too slow to where you say "No for me", you may not even notice it .Also, i have the skills to find the latest os and install. I checked it out because my wife was shopping next door to a verizon store. When my sprint contract is up, in 1.5 yrs, i will consider that phone. unless sprint gets it by then.
    I say go for it. Its still a BB, so you know the standard features that come with the phone.

  10. #40
    hitdog042's Avatar
    hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    I had my hands on the actual strom during christmas break, and i was in love with it. I cant get it because im under contract with sprint. The response time was a lil slow compared to my curve, but not too slow to where you say "No for me", you may not even notice it .Also, i have the skills to find the latest os and install. I checked it out because my wife was shopping next door to a verizon store. When my sprint contract is up, in 1.5 yrs, i will consider that phone. unless sprint gets it by then.
    I say go for it. Its still a BB, so you know the standard features that come with the phone.

    A guy who played with it for 5 minutes at a kiosk just recommended it. AWESOME.

    Easy for someone who can wait nearly 2 years for the bugs to get out to say, eh?

    Hustle... playing with it and dealing with it are two different things. I suspect you didn't have it crash on you, or have it clock for no reason. Or have the camera just pop on for no reason in a 2x2 frame forcing a battery pull. Or deal with the fact video recording doesn't work for more than 1/2 the devices released for more than 14 seconds.

    Nah.. didn't think so.

  11. #41
    BradBlick's Avatar
    BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    comical reply. The average mid 40's woman is not going to hack her phone for an unreleased OS. C'mon.

    If there's a release that fixes these issues, VZW needs to get it out. Period. And who compared it to the iPhone?
    Well as far as hacking her phone for an unreleased OS... lets be serious it really is just as easy as putting an official release on a phone.. and that's very easy.

    As far as the iPhone comment I wasn't necessarily directing it at you or this thread just the hate and comparisons I've been hearing all over the place in relation to the Storm vs. iPhone!

  12. #42
    Charlie Hustle's Avatar
    Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    A guy who played with it for 5 minutes at a kiosk just recommended it. AWESOME.

    Easy for someone who can wait nearly 2 years for the bugs to get out to say, eh?

    Hustle... playing with it and dealing with it are two different things. I suspect you didn't have it crash on you, or have it clock for no reason. Or have the camera just pop on for no reason in a 2x2 frame forcing a battery pull. Or deal with the fact video recording doesn't work for more than 1/2 the devices released for more than 14 seconds.

    Nah.. didn't think so.
    I do have a touche for you though.
    I love my curve and its the best phone i have ever owned, but there are many days that i had to do a bettery pull like three times a day. Or wake up just to notice that my radio is off. Or phone freezes just because i was web browsing and an incoming phone call was comin in. Or while sending an IM to my wife via BB messenger and the whole phone froze up, or when sending an IM to my friend via yahoo messenger and the phone froze.
    Do you want me to go on??
    Basically no phone is perfect, and i still have and love my curve beside its flaws its still the best. The problems isnt every day and i havent had a major problem in a couple of weeks which made me do a battery pull (knock knock). Somedays i get tired of seeing the hourglass when im just going to the application pages. Somedays are good, very few days are bad, but you take the good with the bad and keep it moving. I dont have the storm, but if my carrier had it, that would be on my list for at least my birthday, definitely christmas. Oh and by the way, my camera used to be on for no reason on my phone too.
    I do have the convenience of waiting for 2 years, but if i could, i would get it now. Maybe thats me being stupid, but oh well. Just because you had bad experience doesnt mean that the phone is terrible.

  13. #43
    granny's Avatar
    granny no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    3048BD00
    Posts
    11
    I'm 65 years old and i love my Storm. Anybody can update the OS, just read the forums they have very good instructions on how to do it. I have updated my Storm OS 3 times i'm on .90 now it is very fast but it does have some bugs. I can't wait til Verizon releases the offical OS update, i want to see which one it will be. Age doesn't matter anyone can do it.

  14. #44
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    I'm 65 years old and i love my Storm. Anybody can update the OS, just read the forums they have very good instructions on how to do it. I have updated my Storm OS 3 times i'm on .90 now it is very fast but it does have some bugs. I can't wait til Verizon releases the offical OS update, i want to see which one it will be. Age doesn't matter anyone can do it.
    rock on granny!
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  15. #45
    BradBlick's Avatar
    BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    I'm 65 years old and i love my Storm. Anybody can update the OS, just read the forums they have very good instructions on how to do it. I have updated my Storm OS 3 times i'm on .90 now it is very fast but it does have some bugs. I can't wait til Verizon releases the offical OS update, i want to see which one it will be. Age doesn't matter anyone can do it.
    How comical is my reply now?


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •