Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I am middle-aged professional woman who currently uses a Pearl, mainly for corporate and personal ... BlackBerry Storm forum

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Storm + Middle-Aged Woman = ?

Advertisement

I am middle-aged professional woman who currently uses a Pearl, mainly for corporate and personal e-mail, some web browsing. I love my little Pearl, but am looking for something with a little more physical heft. I am thinking of getting either a Curve or Storm (or a Bold if the rumors are true that it is getting into Verizon stores in May). Would the Storm be overqualifed for me? I don't use Facebook, probably wouldn't load my iTunes stuff onto it, and don't watch YouTube vids much. I like the cool factor of the Storm, and that it's packed with all kinds of stuff, but would that be enough of a reason to go with it? OTOH, I'm kind of a gadget freak.

MrLight460 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CCF15F
    There are many factors to consider in this decision. You noted that you mainly use the device for email so the physical keyboard may be important. Probably the best advice is to go into a Verizon store and play with the device to see if it will work. The good thing is that since you have the patience to possibly wait until May you have plenty of time to test.
    Tim

Mdeghym no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    306811da
    What a cowinky dink I love my storm and middle aged women. but in all seriousness I think you would probably be happier with the bold with everything you mentioned.
    The soul of the Nietzscheans is this:
    We are arrogant. We are vain.
    We are manipulative. We are selfish.
    And we love our children.

-- Drago Musevini, "Primary Reflections", CY 8428

LOL Mdeghym! So far it's 2 for 2 for the Bold (or Curve if I can't wait till May!) - Thanks.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I's stay away from the storm if you are planning to do a fair amount of typing. Typing is very frustrating on it.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have had a pearl and currently have my 8330 Curve which I love! But I am very tempted by the storm. I do use my BB for listening to music and watching movies so I am seriously considering the Storm for its better screen resolution and screen size. Plus I just love shiney new BBs!

Def recommend a few trips to the VZW store just to play and get a feel for the device.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I can honestly say I can type faster on my Storm than I could on my Curve. Sure, there was a bit of a learning curve, but I wouldn't go back for anything now. I say go for the Storm.

I don't think testing a Storm in a store is going to do you any good. The demos are terrible.

I actually did go to the Verizon store during the holiday to check it out. There were too many people crowded around the Storm demo, but my co-worker and I had been drinking during lunch, so we were kind of pushy. She got her hands on the Storm and really liked it. Now I have to go back and get my hands on it!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by karen898 View Post
    I actually did go to the Verizon store during the holiday to check it out. There were too many people crowded around the Storm demo, but my co-worker and I had been drinking during lunch, so we were kind of pushy. She got her hands on the Storm and really liked it. Now I have to go back and get my hands on it!
    I gots the feeling she's gonna be Stormin!!!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    What is "middle-aged" these days. Just wondering.

Smile

don't know what everyone else will say... I'm in my late 40's but have been told quite often that I look like I'm in my 30's.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Come on, go with the Storm...you know you want to!

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I learned when typing on the curve, don't rush it. If you rush typing on the storm youre going to make so many mistakes and it gets annoyng.

goldengirl75, you may be right!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join us, Join us....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast