I got an email from Verizon saying the Storm would be available the 21st. Also ... BlackBerry Storm forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Storm Full Retail Price???

Advertisement

I got an email from Verizon saying the Storm would be available the 21st. Also noted was the $249 2 year contract price with the $50 mail in rebate debit card. As I'm not eligible for an upgrade,
    I'm wondering what the full retail price will be, I'm hoping to pick one up in about February with my tax refund. You know, unless one of you wonderful stackers would like to send me one! LOL.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    No the full retail price for the Storm on Verizon is $499.
    Edit: after the $50 MIR
    Last edited by KaraBear; 11-16-2008 at 09:49 AM.

kjlo5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    $699 or $799 to buy it outright with no contract. I checked but I forget which figure it is. It is one of the two.

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    they are nuts, I just got my 8330 and just upgraded the OS to 4.5. I wont be getting that storm for a while!
    If it was 249 maybe but its not worth $500 or more than that for sure.
    VZW STORM 9530

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    they are nuts, I just got my 8330 and just upgraded the OS to 4.5. I wont be getting that storm for a while!
    If it was 249 maybe but its not worth $500 or more than that for sure.
    no not nuts. that sounds about right. your 8830 is 519 without contract so 549 is not nuts.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by kjlo5 View Post
    $699 or $799 to buy it outright with no contract. I checked but I forget which figure it is. It is one of the two.
    No it is not. You are completely wrong. See image below.

Edit: And Best Buy has the Storm for $599
    Last edited by KaraBear; 11-16-2008 at 11:33 AM.

moochie no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do anybody know when the blackberry storm will be coming to T-Mobile anytime soon

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by moochie View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do anybody know when the blackberry storm will be coming to T-Mobile anytime soon
    my guess...if they get it ,it will be at least a year away.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I'm pretty sure it'll cost $519.99 full retail. Good luck getting one in a Verizon store at that price though. I work around Verizon so I'm in several stores, and what I'm hearing is the phone is going to be sold on well qualified upgrades (coming from a dumb phone to a smart phone, and not an early upgrade for PDA's) and new contracts. So BestBuy might hook that up or over the phone, but basically you'll really have to sweet talk a manager in some cases to just buy this phone no contract.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    I'm pretty sure it'll cost $519.99 full retail. Good luck getting one in a Verizon store at that price though. I work around Verizon so I'm in several stores, and what I'm hearing is the phone is going to be sold on well qualified upgrades (coming from a dumb phone to a smart phone, and not an early upgrade for PDA's) and new contracts. So BestBuy might hook that up or over the phone, but basically you'll really have to sweet talk a manager in some cases to just buy this phone no contract.
    The picture above is a internal Verizon document. The Storm is $549.99 with a $50 MIR on Verizon. No more, and no less without contract.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    what I'm hearing is the phone is going to be sold on well qualified upgrades (coming from a dumb phone to a smart phone, and not an early upgrade for PDA's) and new contracts.
    so should i be worried about upgrading my bb to a storm? this is pretty hard to believe

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    so should i be worried about upgrading my bb to a storm? this is pretty hard to believe
    after thinking about this another minute i find it even harder to believe. verizon has an exclusive on this phone as long as they meet their sales quota...so they are going to limit who they sell it to?

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think they're gonna hold back selling the phones at full retail. After all, these are people who, for the most part, have BB's already, paying for data packages and just aren't eligible for an upgrade.

Most of the wannabes will want the phone without the data package and Verizon doesn't do that. I see most of them ending up with the LG Dare and Voyager so they don't have to buy the BIS...

Personally I'm willing to spend $499-$549, but that's gonna be my limit, I saw full retail on the Curve is $429 at the store. I'm also looking at tax time for mine, which is two to three months after the release. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the info everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    I don't think they're gonna hold back selling the phones at full retail. After all, these are people who, for the most part, have BB's already, paying for data packages and just aren't eligible for an upgrade.

Most of the wannabes will want the phone without the data package and Verizon doesn't do that. I see most of them ending up with the LG Dare and Voyager so they don't have to buy the BIS...

Personally I'm willing to spend $499-$549, but that's gonna be my limit, I saw full retail on the Curve is $429 at the store. I'm also looking at tax time for mine, which is two to three months after the release. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the info everyone!
    Well after the MIR the Storm is only $499 at Verizon. If Apple drops the price of the Iphone for Christmas as speculated, Verizon might do the same. Either way the Storm is every bit worth $499.