Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

great! well i really love my storm first of all but i just noticed something ... BlackBerry Storm forum

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

STORM..flaw/quality? ut-oh

Advertisement

great! well i really love my storm first of all but i just noticed something that i'm very weary of.

above the left convenience key I've noticed that it creaks/clicks in and the sound it makes is very audible and noticeable.

i keep clicking it to figure out why it's doing it.. it also does the same noise and click sound on the right below the camera convenience key. i got the storm 2 weeks ago on december 3rd and would like to know if anyone else is having the same thing happen.

so anyway... i'm really thinking that i will have to send this in and get a replacement and i really hope that it doesn't happen again. even though it's not a HUGE problem i still don't like it. you know what i mean...

-------

sorry but i posted this in verizon general. i meant to post it in the storm thread.
    Last edited by e-berry; 12-17-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: meant to post in storm thread
    --
    More than meets the eye.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been using the storm as well. I have not noticed this sound though I will play with mine and see if I have any similar issues
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    Wow no sound here either and I LOVE MY PHONE too!!! I haven't had any problems except for the video but i got that ynder control.
    MrS.OfFiCeR

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    no sounds here - my phone is one of the lucky ones i think - after going through an okay one lol

PIN/ID
    hmmm... i don't know if i should get it replaced or not. i mean it seems like the side part might come loose at some point because i keep hearing the creaking/clicking sound but i don't see that it's loose or movable at all. i was contemplating on spraying some wd-40 in it, lol.

i don't see the side moving at all or actually clicking in. UNLESS i remove the battery door, then i do see the side above the left convenience key go in slightly if i press on it and it makes the noise.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    dont take a chance and regret 6months from now to not have exchanged it if it gets really loose you know ?
    use your over the counter exchange while you still can and use it as much as you need until you get a perfect one

PIN/ID
    you're right... i definitely need to exchange it. so what do i do? just go in to the store and tell them i want it exchanged. do i need to take my box and all manuals?
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Im not sure how Verizon works but yeah i would assume so.
    Bring everything with you.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    you're right... i definitely need to exchange it. so what do i do? just go in to the store and tell them i want it exchanged. do i need to take my box and all manuals?
    i didnt take anything but my phone, because they dont have any in store right now... they sent me a replacement and told me to keep all the accessories that came with the replacement as well, only send back the device, but who knows what will happen, but either way, if they have one in store - they will only swap devices[if youre verizon that is]

PIN/ID
    OK great, i will stop by a store tonight and see what they can do for me.. i can't take this squeaky cosmetic flaw no more. every time i grab the phone it squeaks.. who knows why it's happening or what is actually going on... ah well i hope i get a replacement fast.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    maybe youre too strong and its just begging for mercy hahaha
    Good luck!

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    OK great, i will stop by a store tonight and see what they can do for me.. i can't take this squeaky cosmetic flaw no more. every time i grab the phone it squeaks.. who knows why it's happening or what is actually going on... ah well i hope i get a replacement fast.
    they use fedex 2 day shipping so you will MORE THAN LIKELY get it within two days, I ordered mine friday after work and got it monday.... they said i wouldnt until weds(because the order would go in then and it takes two business days to get to me tues, weds)
    Last edited by dean0uga; 12-18-2008 at 11:56 AM.

PIN/ID
    haha, maybe!! i'm thinking i grabbed it a certain way one day with one hand and loosened up the side or something.. thanks!

i'll put any update in here regarding what they say and such
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    Great! so i hope i get my new one by monday if i put it in tonight!

awesome
    --
    More than meets the eye.

kdkng no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3049A487
    no sound mines made in cananda.. was urs from mexcio?
    -Sean

[FONT=Consolas]"If there is no struggle there is no progress..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]Frederick Douglass, 1857[/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast