Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now if I have asked this before in some distant thread, please OH please! forgive ... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

storm exchange advice needed

Advertisement

Now if I have asked this before in some distant thread, please OH please! forgive me. Here goes: I have tried several OS on my Verizon storm - I have wiped it a dozen or so times so the installs have been clean - even reset to factory, then wiped, etc. I also have a few 3rd parties installed - with ever OS and combo of apps, I experience some weird things - pixelated screen for a few seconds, icons appearing when and where they shouldn't be, app error 523, and so on. Other than these quirks, the phone is great - hardware wise.

Verizon offered to have me bring it in and said they'll overnight me one new in box through Jan. 15. Thing is, I really don't feel like activaing a new one, sending mine back, etc. I would also run the risk of getting one that may be worse.

In short, what should I do?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    Now if I have asked this before in some distant thread, please OH please! forgive me.

In short, what should I do?
    considering I answer alot of your questions, theres no need for snide remarks... I was simply stating that you had asked a question, I answered it and then you never gave an update then asked the question in a new thread.
    that being said... I would have them exchange it, if they say its going to be new - it can only improve the life of the phone, plus I have only heard stories of people getting better phones with each new one and not the opposite really- I think the ones that came out first were just a little rushed in production maybe
    Last edited by dean0uga; 01-06-2009 at 11:43 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Seems like you have no choice: stick with the one you have and let 1/15 pass, or switch it out for a new one. If the new one doesn't work, then switch again until you're satisfied. Staying with the one you have doesn't sound like it will make you happy (I wouldn't be), so the only option is to swap.

I've done it a few times with a family plan with four phones, and it's pretty painless. They send you the new one (you don't HAVE to go to the store) and just send the old one back in the same box. The shipping label is already there. And if you've already gone through the wipe process, activating the new one is nothing comparatively.

Hope it works out!

JK64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31BEA254
    Give it up like I did and stick with a Curve or a Pearl until vzw gets the 8900!
    I'm sorry but I know that there are lots of opinions on the Storm but I think its just not ready for prime time.. JK~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I had to return FIVE seriously defective new Bolds before I finally got one that was built right. I'm glad I didn't give up. My suggestion is for you to return it. You paid for a new properly built BlackBerry which is what you should get.

Good Luck!

~via BoldBerry #6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's what I am gonna do but I'll be honest, VZW is NOT being too cooperative at the corporate level - My local store people are awesome, but we'll see what happens.

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's what I am gonna do but I'll be honest, VZW is NOT being too cooperative at the corporate level - My local store people are awesome, but we'll see what happens.
    "...not being too cooperative at the corporate level" means nothing in regards to the warranty that accompanies the phone. As stated throughout this thread, it's defective, you've paid good money for it and in doing so expect a working device.

Politely inform VZW customer service to send you a new one and go on from there.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Send it back, it's not right. In my experience Verizon is the worst company for handling dissatisfied customers with returns/billing disputes. They signed my sister up with a contract/phone and she got no voice service at her house in rural CA (they said their map showed she'd get it). She asked to undo the deal, they wouldn't unless she showed that she'd signed a contract with another company (she went with a prepaid phone, the only one that would work). The charged her an early termination fee. Nice.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

as it stands now, they are sending a new one out by friday - will keep you all posted...thanks

WiseGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30490E4B
    as it stands now, they are sending a new one out by friday - will keep you all posted...thanks
    good job. I was in the same boat you were. I had pretty much given up and looking to trade back to a curve. yesterday I played a bit more with it and tried a few things to improve the phone to my liking. Anyway... I finally got it to a point where I could actually type relatively fast or fast enough in landscape mode. That was impressive to me. I think I was typing faster than I did in portrait which I was really dreading. My girlfriend has a curve and we text back and forth all day long and sometimes having to send a long message just sucked to the point where I didnt want to reply to her anymore. I had already done the card trick behind the door which helped and for some reason I thought I would try to add some preassure to the door and trying to bend it a bit. you honestly can not tell I did anything to it and I may just be fooling myself that I actually bent the metal door enough to add more preassure much like the card behind it does, but my typing is so much better! infact just clicking on the screen feels 100% than it already did. Now I figured if this could actually make me happy and so many people seem to be getting better phones after an exchange then why shouldnt I give it another chance? I called VZW this morning and they offered to send me a new phone without a problem simply because I was unhappy with the hardware on this one. The rep even said that she "understands that I would like a proper working phone like I paid for". Unfortunately, she said they were out of stock and took my email address to send me a tracking number as soon as shes able to get it. I'm just happy that its in the record for me to get a new phone and I have 10 days to return my old one after I receive the new one.

Sorry for the long post, but if I got through this then you shouldnt have any reservations about exchanging the phone for a new one like so many other people have.
    david

ckrise no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems

1. While charging, screen locks up and/or slow response, unable to select, BATTERY PULL REQUIRED
    2. While plugging in charger or audio jack, any spike causes pixilated screen.
    3. When recording video, about 6 seconds in, the device locks up, totally, BATTERY PULL
    4. While plugged into sync cord, receiving a call will cause reboot
    5. Random reboot without knowing why... about three per day
    6. If scheduled for auto-off, auto-on, the antannae does not come back up, have to force on..
    7. If you are texting and an incoming message arrives, red led, and lock-up.
    8. While charging and in bedside mode, screen locks or slow with turning device (accelerometer).
    9. Infrequent typing on horizontal screen while hovering over letters, halo over letter will stay lit, although moved to next letter that is also halo'd, mostly on the letter "C".
    10. While using VZNavigator, incoming calls will reboot phone.
    11. While using VZ Navigator, the 3d view will default to next turn view and lock there until that turn, requiring an exit to VZ Navigator, replan trip and get the 3d View back until the next turn occurs in trip.
    12. When installing a new application, the new icon will be "HIDDEN" requiring you to go to main screen options "SHOW ALL" so that you can see the application shortcut you just installed (OS issue for sure).

Wife has same phone with no problems.... Just requested a new phone sent to me.
    Last edited by ckrise; 01-10-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: DEVICE CORRECTION, I HAVE NEW STORM 9530

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrise View Post
    1. While charging, screen locks up and/or slow response, unable to select, BATTERY PULL REQUIRED
    2. While plugging in charger or audio jack, any spike causes pixilated screen.
    3. When recording video, about 6 seconds in, the device locks up, totally, BATTERY PULL
    4. While plugged into sync cord, receiving a call will cause reboot
    5. Random reboot without knowing why... about three per day
    6. If scheduled for auto-off, auto-on, the antannae does not come back up, have to force on..
    7. If you are texting and an incoming message arrives, red led, and lock-up.
    8. While charging and in bedside mode, screen locks or slow with turning device (accelerometer).
    9. Infrequent typing on horizontal screen while hovering over letters, halo over letter will stay lit, although moved to next letter that is also halo'd, mostly on the letter "C".
    10. While using VZNavigator, incoming calls will reboot phone.
    11. While using VZ Navigator, the 3d view will default to next turn view and lock there until that turn, requiring an exit to VZ Navigator, replan trip and get the 3d View back until the next turn occurs in trip.
    12. When installing a new application, the new icon will be "HIDDEN" requiring you to go to main screen options "SHOW ALL" so that you can see the application shortcut you just installed (OS issue for sure).

Wife has same phone with no problems.... Just requested a new phone sent to me.
    Definitely return both devices, this sounds horrible!!!! Hope you get a good one - its well worth it! Im still in LOVE with my storm!(got it 11/21/08)

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    Definitely return both devices, this sounds horrible!!!! Hope you get a good one - its well worth it! Im still in LOVE with my storm!(got it 11/21/08)
    Do you mean return the wife too and take her phone?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think he meant return the defective device. One works flawlessly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast