I am having trouble with my data connection on my Storm. I am running a ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Question Storm EDGE problems

Advertisement

I am having trouble with my data connection on my Storm. I am running a hybrid OS on ATT. The EDGE hardly ever comes on, and doesn't stay very long either. My phone is continuously on edge instead, and doesn't let me do hardly anything data related. I am running 4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181). There are a few things in modules that show 5.0.0.100. It doesn't seem to help with anything though. Any suggestions?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have heard lots about ATT's EDGE lately and has had some issues myself. Sad to say none of it is good. Rumor is they will do Edge the same way they did analog and digital. It too will be phased out and coverage will egt worse until it disappears completely. The Bold was too big for me though, so I got yet another edge device, the 8900. For the most part I like it but these edge rumors and EDGE issues are making me wonder if its not the truth...

Hope this helps . . .

Thbassman
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Use the .90 radio from blackberryos.com

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Some apps don't run correctly with v7. Or v6 for that matter. What are you running in the back ground. I know that youmail, all the AT&T pushed stuff will make your connection go down to edge. If you start to close apps and find the one that's doing it, you can still use it but you'll need enable comparability mode. It won't lok as god because if you have to do that, that file is using one of the 5.0 files. It also could be that your storm doesn't like the .148 radio file. Mine worked great with good signal except for a couple of apps. Some poeple have had good luck with the .90 radio but others get the vzw screen of death. How long have you had the os installed. I know it took a good 4 days to get it " settled" in.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I'm not really running anything besides the default apps in the background. I am guess by background you mean the apps that are on when I go to switch application.

thyzer no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am on TMO and running .148 and I cant get anything!!! any help is great. I have already sent the service books again and changed the apn to wap.voicestream.com and everything!!! plaese help, i just got this storm yesterday and its driving me nuts!!!

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Same issues I was having. I switched to OS .90 last night. I have had edge until about 1 1/2 hours ago. Since that time I have had EDGE service, and everything is working fine. I would suggest you try .90 OS or go with a hybrid OS.

EDIT

I have also changed my mobile network connections from 3G +2G to 2G only. Not sure if it is a combination of the OS and the change, or just the change, or what. It has work for 1 1/2 hours though, longer then it ever has before!
    Last edited by Craig_C; 06-28-2009 at 05:11 PM.

thyzer no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do I downgrade that. Im still new to the storm, im coming from a iphone so blackberrys are still a bit of a mystery. Thanks so much!

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    To downgrade first go to your control panel on your PC, find add/remove programs and delete the current OS installed on your PC. Next follow these steps... http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_to_os_4_x_upgrade_blackberry-929/

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Well that lasted longer then anything else I have tried. I got about 8 hours of solid EDGE. The BB froze up then and had to do a Battery Pull. Now I am back to edge. Looks like .132 is coming in my near future.