Stackers, I have had my Storm for one day and I cannot seem to figure ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2

Storm browser does not render WAP sites correctly

Advertisement

Stackers,

I have had my Storm for one day and I cannot seem to figure out how to make Pinstack display on my storm like it does on my 8330. I downloaded the "BB wap" link thinking I would be able to read Pinstack forums like I can on my Curve. But, instead of rendering smartphone friendly pages, the Storm displays the full web page in tiny...and I mean tiny print. Not to mention the lag associated with downloading full pages of graphics. I've searched the forum and I could not find this problem having ever been discussed. BTW, I upgraded to .99 this morning, but web page issue was there before the upgrade.

I know it has to be a setting in the phone or the browser somewhere but I cannot seem to figure it out. The only internet sites I want to visit are those with WAP rendering like ESPN, CBS Sports, PGA, Fox Sports and Pinstack!

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Curve 8330 & Storm 9530

Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.

-Ambrose Bierce

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    go into your browser options and make sure your browser identification is set to blackberry and not internet explorer or anything else. I had the same problem and that's what it was.
    ~via smartphone~

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is one of the things i hated about the BB web browsing. You might try opera mini but it takes a while to set it up.

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Im noticing the storm browser doesnt render a lot of things correctly... whats up with Blackberry and the browser its making me mad.... Ebay does not load on mine at all....

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Interesting...I just downloaded and installed the ESPN link and their web page loads perfectly. I'm going to D/L a few more sports sites that have "one button access" to their WAP sites and report back to everyone.
    Curve 8330 & Storm 9530

Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.

-Ambrose Bierce

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This is normal & present in OS versions 4.6 ~ 4.7