Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

All of the reports on battery life need to include the basic facts such as ... BlackBerry Storm forum

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

All of the reports on battery life need to include the basic facts such as usage and signal strength in usage areas. What people don't understand sometimes is that the location from nearest tower will greatly change the battery life as due to the nature of the devices as the signal gets weaker, the device steps up the power to the transmit chip to maintain connection with the tower. So in the case of awilson, the usage may be the same as catstide, but if the area is spotty for coverage, then the battery usage is going to be greater even with all other things the same. What I am saying is that someone in a 5 bar signal area will use less battery than the same person in a 1-3 bar signal area. If the 2 were talking to each other on a call the person in the lower bar area will use the battery at a greater rate than the higher bar person.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    good call squeaker...

one thing i have changed on my storm is screen brightness. it comes default 100. i changed mine to 10. sounds like it would be hard to see but it is not. give it a try. it might be part of the reason i'm getting better battery life.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    So battery life seems a little better today... 11.5 hours now, few calls, fair amount of browsing, few texts, half hour of MP3 listening... Currently at 25%... I think its because I axed VZ nav and VVM. Not what I'd call stellar battery life, but better than it was...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    mine was a bit worse today. i ran bluetooth for the first time today and it was down to 5% after about 14 hours.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    mine was a bit worse today. i ran bluetooth for the first time today and it was down to 5% after about 14 hours.
    I meant to mention that I ran blue tooth for a short while today also - it was probably only on for about 2 hours though. I'm at 15% now after 14 hours, not tooooo bad....

shagvirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    somethin sounds fishy, might be a bad battery. i read where someone got a bad battery with theirs. take it to verizon and tell them to swap it.
    mine had a bad battery. had a new one when i went back to verizon wireless.

awilson18 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30484E9D
    Just left the verizon store...they are shipping me a new battery.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    wut?
    no bluetooth today...not a heavy use day ...a dozen or so phone calls couple dozen texts...some media and browsing...sitting on 50% after 12 hours

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2
    Battary is poor. This is my first full bussiness day with the phone. I took the storm off charge about 9am. 2:45pm now and the phone is on it's last yellow block. Didn't seem to have a problem over the weekend but today is the first day that I have been conected to BT all day. I am going to hang in there to see if the update makes it all worth while but come day number 29 (evalution period ends day 30) and I still can't make it through the day I will be back in Verizon looking for a refund. Not too much to ask for a blackberry to make through a work day?? I do not mind charging every night.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzmatte View Post
    Battary is poor. This is my first full bussiness day with the phone. I took the storm off charge about 9am. 2:45pm now and the phone is on it's last yellow block. Didn't seem to have a problem over the weekend but today is the first day that I have been conected to BT all day. I am going to hang in there to see if the update makes it all worth while but come day number 29 (evalution period ends day 30) and I still can't make it through the day I will be back in Verizon looking for a refund. Not too much to ask for a blackberry to make through a work day?? I do not mind charging every night.
    the new beta os has improved battery life. personally i wouldn't return a phone that i really like for poor battery life. when i had my samsung 760i (which i really liked for a while) i would carry a spare battery around in my pocket. i think with new os releases you will be happy with the battery life.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I do remember we all had the same problem with the beta releases of 4.5
    I went to bed last night with about 35% and woke up this morning and phone had 0% left. Not good. Will keep an eye on this. I do believe it will improve with later OS released.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It's official! 9am today to 3:45pm battary life. 6.75 hrs then radio showing 5% bat life. Anyone else us BT and get better bat life?

awilson18 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30484E9D
    I have, over the past few days, run my battery until the phone dies. Then I charge it back up. Since I've done this I seem to be getting better battery life. Before I would leave my phone off the charger at night and in the morning it would be dead. Last night it survived the night.

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have posted this in another thread, but after skimming through this one i dont see any mention of what i said before.

Change your network connections to EVDO only. this will stop your phone from looking for the other types of antennae, (global mode). to do this, on the home screen--->manage connections--->mobile network options--->Network Technology:set to 1XEV only.

updating your OS to .75 might help as well for those who havent tried. with a full charge, after 15 hours i still had 2 bars left (sorry, forgot to look at the actual %)

i also changed my viigo from updating every 30 min to every hour

i also make sure to close every app, even the phone and contact lists, and only keep open the stuff that needs to stay open i.e. gtalk, viigo, etc

hope this helps, i know some of this stuff is rather obvious, but i am happy with my battery life overall. my last phone (8703e) lasted 2 to 3 times longer, but this is no 8700, and i dont expect it to be.

clayatx, I will give it a try.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast