Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

im just happy to only have to charge at night as opposed to 3 times ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

Advertisement

im just happy to only have to charge at night as opposed to 3 times a day with an iphone lol

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    30% after 9hrs. (Gave it a full charge before first time use.) Heavy messenging, browser, and media usage.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Are my expectations really that high? I want it to be able to take it off charge at 6am, use it a fair amount throughout the day, and not NEED to put it back on charge again until go to bed at 11pm.

I think anyone who thinks that a phone that cannot go 17 hours with moderate use is acceptable, has very low expectations.

I understand this device isn't perfect, but when it is requiring multiple battery pulls everyday to recover from lockups (without running any additional apps), and the battery is barely making it 12 hours... I dunno... not so sure about this thing.

Trust me - I WANT TO LIKE IT, its cool, but I also WANT IT TO WORK!

awilson18 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30484E9D
    I charged my Storm all night. I unplugged it this morning at 7AM. All I did was some texing, a few emails, just a bit of internet and ran the VZ Nav software on the way to an appt (total time running VZ NAV was about 20 minutes). Then I ran the VZ Nav after my appointment so I could locate the closest Verizon store so I could pick up a car charger. Point of post....battery lasted from 7am - 1pm...thats unacceptable!!! Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to give up my 8703E..lol

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Some have felt the Vzn Nav bleeds the battery even when you aren't using it, somehow it's searching all the time for a signal. Is there some way to fully turn it off in applications? See what apps are running (I think you hold the BB key down to see).
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

flyaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    I deleted VZ NAV and Visual Voicemail and will see if that helps battery life. Both apps said that they were running when I went to delete them, but I didn't have them open. I am assuming then, that they were running in the background.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I noticed since I deleted VZNav about noon (battery was already 60%) that it's only dropped another 5%. Interesting.

PIN/ID
    30484E9D
    How do I make a program stop running. I don't want to delete either VZ Nav or Visual VM because I am using both of them.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i have vznav,and have been going 14.5 hrs and i'm at 50%
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    30484E9D
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i have vznav,and have been going 14.5 hrs and i'm at 50%
    How? I had to charge mine after about 6 hours today...Gave it a full charge and I am already back to 50% battery and I've barely used it since that 2nd charge.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by awilson18 View Post
    How? I had to charge mine after about 6 hours today...Gave it a full charge and I am already back to 50% battery and I've barely used it since that 2nd charge.
    somethin sounds fishy, might be a bad battery. i read where someone got a bad battery with theirs. take it to verizon and tell them to swap it.

PIN/ID
    30484E9D
    somethin sounds fishy, might be a bad battery. i read where someone got a bad battery with theirs. take it to verizon and tell them to swap it.
    Yeah, I think that you are right. I am going to keep an eye on this for the next few days to see how things work out.

PIN/ID
    30484E9D
    Do you know if they stock batteries in the store?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by awilson18 View Post
    Do you know if they stock batteries in the store?
    not sure.they have them on their website so maybe. give em a call efore you make the trip.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Well, yesterday, I took it off the charger at 7am, and it was completely dead by 9 pm. Had to give it a boost to last the remainder of the evening. I didn't use it anymore than I normally do. I guess I'll tweak some more settings.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast