My issue is this: Really, the Bold is a revved up Curve. 3G? Fine, but ... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Storm and Bold Issue

Advertisement

My issue is this: Really, the Bold is a revved up Curve. 3G? Fine, but really, it's a Curve and s is the Javelin. The Storm on the other hand, is revolutionary. Why then will the Storm be offered at $199 (a damn good price) and the Bold's at $399 with a $100 mail-in?

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    The Bold is not so much a Curve, it has a different style keyboard, bigger screen, and the first to have a lot higher resolution. It is very easy to argue that all Blackberrys are very similar.

The price difference is cause of the carriers, Rogers has always been more expensive then Telus and Bell, atleast in my area of Canada.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    My issue is this: Really, the Bold is a revved up Curve. 3G? Fine, but really, it's a Curve and s is the Javelin. The Storm on the other hand, is revolutionary. Why then will the Storm be offered at $199 (a damn good price) and the Bold's at $399 with a $100 mail-in?
    Because RIM and Verizon are positioning the storm as a consumer device trying to taking on the iPhone directly but then again if Apple goes through with this sub 100$ iPhone for the holidays they'll be the ones taking the world by storm.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I think your analogy is off. The Bold is a Rev'd up 8800 in my opinion.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Because RIM and Verizon are positioning the storm as a consumer device trying to taking on the iPhone directly but then again if Apple goes through with this sub 100$ iPhone for the holidays they'll be the ones taking the world by storm.

LOL...

That is crazy how apple is pulling this move to stay on top.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    I think your analogy is off. The Bold is a Rev'd up 8800 in my opinion.

I agree.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    LOL...

That is crazy how apple is pulling this move to stay on top.
    theres more iphones in the world that any other device. they ARE on top and will always be. The iPhone is best seller in more than one country especially in Europe.
    The reason theyre doing this is to go with the current market tendencies and yes, like they did before, shake the wireless industry.

JT Stringfellow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2159AB3B
    It is crazy tht the bold is 399 and the storm is 199 but like somebody said its the carrier but they tryin to compete with the iphone but anyway it goes I'm a still stay with ATT.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Someone already said it. The Storm is a consumer device. Whatever that means in this day and age. Its still a BlackBerry 100%, and the Bold is a business phone. And typically business types pay a bit more for the devices. To offset that though they get better discounts and sometimes plans.

Also in my opinion the Bold is more because of at&t. They have the iPhone to worry about, and having it be the same price might anger the Apple gods.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~