ive only had my storm just barely 24 hrs now and it has restarted on ... BlackBerry Storm forum

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8

storm 9530 random restarts?

Advertisement

ive only had my storm just barely 24 hrs now and it has restarted on its own 4 times. very randomly too. i have no idea why or anything i had it on the home screen a min ago and screen turned white real fast then just reset itself. any ideas on why? anyone know of a fix?? will an os update fix the problem? im running v4.7.0.75 (platform 7.0.0.94). if an os will fix it which one is the most stable that i should go with? besides the restarts and the phone being a little bit slower than my bold with the menus so far i like it and im getting more and more used to the txting on it too. which by the way isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. its definately alot easier than the iphone. mac-junk! anyways any help would greatly be appreciated!! thanks in advance!

Pat
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Out of curiosity, have you been using BBM by chance when this happens?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    ive only had my storm just barely 24 hrs now and it has restarted on its own 4 times. very randomly too. i have no idea why or anything i had it on the home screen a min ago and screen turned white real fast then just reset itself. any ideas on why? anyone know of a fix?? will an os update fix the problem? im running v4.7.0.75 (platform 7.0.0.94). if an os will fix it which one is the most stable that i should go with? besides the restarts and the phone being a little bit slower than my bold with the menus so far i like it and im getting more and more used to the txting on it too. which by the way isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. its definately alot easier than the iphone. mac-junk! anyways any help would greatly be appreciated!! thanks in advance!

Pat
    this is a known problem with the device, especially .75... newer releases are much better about this

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    I don't believe there were BBM issues with 75...

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    There was a thread started not too long ago about BBM and some people removing it because it was causing the phone to be sluggish, but I don't remember if it might have involved restarts.

Yesterday, I was using google talk and my phone froze, but was fine after a battery pull. So far, no problems with BBM for me.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 01-30-2009 at 06:03 PM.

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    no i was not. was sitting on the home screen when it happened. so if other os's are supposed to fix this problem...whats the best beta to use right now like the most stable? like right now just this very second the phone restarted on its own while it was just sitting there on my desk! its pissing me off already!!! is it true what ppl are saying that there is going to be an os update within the next 2 weeks??
    storm 9530

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    As far as I heard there wipp be an official release for Verizon in first or second week of March the mot stable as of heard is the .86 beta and .90 is the newest and fastest version but also very glitchy

Welcome, Aleks

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksrussian View Post
    As far as I heard there wipp be an official release for Verizon in first or second week of March the mot stable as of heard is the .86 beta and .90 is the newest and fastest version but also very glitchy

Welcome, Aleks
    thanks for the info alek i appreciate it.
    storm 9530

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    No problem

caramel00010 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have same exact problem. Mine restarts when I'm texting someone or sending an email. Verizon can't seem to explain why but it is a nuisance. Partly because it takes a long time to load back up. I can go on for days about the other issues I have with this phone, but this has to be the most outstanding problem.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

patrevino no está en línea Stack level 1

Possible Solution to .90 restarts...

Ok...

I found this in another thread.

Remove the SIM card (not required for Verizon CDMA use.

Under network settings, set to 1XEV.

Battery Pull...

MUCH MORE STABLE!!!!

Still runs into lockups when playing music.... but much better.

Good luck!!!

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I had this error 503 happen to me once. I was using BBM when it happened. What I would suggest is downloading Soft Reset if you haven't already done so. And at the beginning of the day and in the evening or at night reset your phone via soft reset. I have been doing this since day 2 with my Storm and havent had a single problem. hope this helps.

::edit:: I also reset the phone when I download any new app, whether is requires a reboot or not.
    Last edited by rabbie303; 02-01-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: adding info to my post
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

Mrsncr2002 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305912AA
    Having the same issue with my replacement Storm! If someone finds a definite solution to this issue please let me know ;0)

Also, do we know if this is something that will be addressed in the next release?