Other than turning off the radio connection, how do I know if I am using ... BlackBerry Storm forum

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

Storm 2 - any way to force it to use Wi-Fi

Advertisement

Other than turning off the radio connection, how do I know if I am using Wi-Fi or not? I know there is the Wi-Fi icon. Mine is white not grayed out. So I know I have a cfonnection. However, some apps like Viigo and BerryWeather seem to be using 3G and not Wi-Fi. I see no speed increase whatsoever with Wi-Fi.

Is there any way to tell the Storm 2 that when both connections are available to use Wi-Fi?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I know the browser will automatically default to Wi-Fi if it's active, and so will sending and receiving emails. I know apps like Social Scope (Which you can manually set to Wi-FI, but mine seems to auto-detect it), and Facebook are much faster for me when I am connected to my wireless at home because I have terrible receptions. Even BBM messages send faster. It would take up to 30-30 seconds for me to send a message whenever I was at home. The Wi-Fi automatically connects when I get home and am in range. I've notice a huge difference for whatever that's worth...

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I'm with Moto on this one I can see a Huge increase in speed with wifi, especially sending emails with attachments or being on BBM, browsing is a lot faster on non mobile sites.
    -Josh

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    On my 8900 there is a setting under option/mobile network to change Connection Preference to wifi only, or wifi preferred
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Interesting Jeff, thanks for pointing that out. That option isn't there on the S2...I'll dig around for it.

juliank no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bshpmark View Post
    Other than turning off the radio connection, how do I know if I am using Wi-Fi or not? I know there is the Wi-Fi icon. Mine is white not grayed out. So I know I have a cfonnection. However, some apps like Viigo and BerryWeather seem to be using 3G and not Wi-Fi. I see no speed increase whatsoever with Wi-Fi.

Is there any way to tell the Storm 2 that when both connections are available to use Wi-Fi?
    Go into Options-Advanced Options-Browser and select default as Hotspot Browser. Ur BB will then choose WiFi over 3G.

sturgisherb no está en línea Stack level 1
    can blackberry storm 2 be used as a stand alone WiFi and or Blackberry Maps satilite GPS when taken off verizon network so as not to incur data charges?
    Rep at Verizon indicated I could, but not in two days poking around!
    Verizon rep also told me that verizon will alow you to take phone on and off service daily! and charg a prorate fee for days used only!
    Does this sound for real, or is this a santa story?