I imagine this has been discussed a lot before, but my Storm broke earlier this ... BlackBerry Storm forum

Jibba no está en línea Stack level 1

Storm 2 v. Droid?

Advertisement

I imagine this has been discussed a lot before, but my Storm broke earlier this week and I'm torn between the Storm 2 and the Droid. I use my phone a ton for work so the great email setup for Blackberry makes me lean toward the Storm 2. It feels comfortable to me but the Droid browser is what a browser should be. I have an ipod and use that for games and such, so that's not a huge deal one way or the other (although I haven't seen the extent of apps on the Droid). I use my camera phone for work and have a 9 month old so the camera is also important to me. From what I can tell, both have a great camera but the Droid is slightly better, albeit slower.

Has anyone owned both phones and have an opinion that can help me make my decision? Thanks in advance.

Archer2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    As someone who advocates for several brands, and the benefits competition brings, sadly my Storm2 is both disappointing and no match for my Droid. RIM seems to be lost in space. The superiority of the Android powered Droid is a quantum leap ahead.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Decisions, decisions...

I would second that I prefer the Droid over Storm = personal preference. But there are MANY PinStack members who would disagree. It will all boil down to you.

Face it, when it comes to smartphone options, we are spoiled rotten! However, if you visit an Android site they will tell you Droid and visit BB site... they will say BB. But visit PinStack... the focus is on "you" not the platform but the soluton, go to a Store, or play with a friends device and decide based on how it fits you best.

I'll say it again, there's is NO best platform! There only a best solution.

Jibba no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the assistance. It really is a tough decision. I love the security and email capabilities of the Storm 2 but the Droid just seems so much more fun, despite seeming a bit on the clunky side and being a slider (which I generally don't like). I put in my order for the Storm 2 because I really like BB, but I am really second-guessing myself.

I used to be a hard core BB user / advocate. I never thought I would leave. Yet that said I'm also open minded & embrace change. Upon sampling other smartphones, suddenly it became obvious that BB was no longer far superior. I'm not being critical of RIM, it simply is what it is. So as I said earlier it's all about choices, email is every bit as secure on the others. Also if you carefully inspect a Droid, you'll notice the slider is well engineered & robust. I'm waiting for the Android powered HTC Desire, that's my next smartphone.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you use it for work he storm two is by far the way to go. Don't second guess yourself, you made the appropiate decision for your WORK phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    If you use it for work he storm two is by far the way to go. Don't second guess yourself, you made the appropiate decision for your WORK phone.
    I used to agree with this line of thinking *however* when I take into consideration the widely varied ways we use our phones as individuals, it's a mistake to make such a sweeping "one size fits all" statement.

I was convinced after years of BB's with keyboards that because I handle lots of email I had to have a keyboard. Thus I cheated myself out of what is a stellar typing experience on the large landscape touchscreen keyboard of the iPhone. A smartphone that offers an exemplary web experience. Something I use a few hours each day. A true HTML experience not available on a BB. In fact my Droid offers an even better web experience. The days of BB dominance are (sadly) over. If not I can assure you I would still be using one.