Hey stackers! Quick problem I am looking for help with. My brand new storm 2 ... BlackBerry Storm forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Storm 2 Issues

Advertisement

Hey stackers!

Quick problem I am looking for help with. My brand new storm 2 has a keyboard issue. The new click screen runs off of sensors. So when the phone is locked the screen won't click. The bottom left side of my screen, particuarly the green send/talk key, does not register my touch and thus won't click. This is not a deal breaker as there is really no need for that key. There are on screen call options you can use. However, of there is a quick fix I would love to know what it is. I can sometimes trick it by allowing my finger to slide over the menu key, triggering the sensor for it and clicking the send key.

Anyone else experience this? Returning the phone is not an option. Just wondering if there is a fix out there.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I think I understand the issue you are describing, where some part of the screen isn't realizing that you are touching it... and thats really odd. From my understanding, the sensors in the screen that register touch are based on the electric current flowing between screen and fingers, completing a circuit of sorts... and if there is a region of the screen that is dead, perhaps there is a dead circuit board underneath it. If thats the case, it would most likely require a warranty swap.

I noticed that you said exchanging is not an option, but you may need to for this issue to be resolved. I am not aware of a software fix for a dead circuit board touch sensor in the screen.
    I'm a born again Androider

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I don't really understand what you are trying to do. If you unlock the phone by pushing the lock/unlock button on the top of the phone, you can then use whatever "keys" or screen function you want. If the phone is locked, what need do you have to click the screen or want that option?

This helps prevent the phone display from coming on unnecessarily and running your battery down.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I don't need to use the keys when it is locked. I an only trying to say that the Talk key does not work in either locked or unlocked screens. It is a sensor issue I know. I can't exchange it because I bought it off someone. As I stated earlier it is not that big of an issue as there is hardly a need for that key when it can all be done right from the touchscreen.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried updating the OS with the new (leaked) .428?

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wouldn't that issue still be covered under the 1 year warranty that RIM provides?

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I don't know anything about a warranty from RIM. I usually just deal with carriers. Is there such a thing and how do I go about taking advantage of it?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Corporate Head Office

Research In Motion
    295 Phillip Street
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2L 3W8
    tel: (519) 888-7465
    fax: (519) 888-7884

I've called them a few times... they'll route you to the correct place. Just tell 'em you bought the device from someone and cant use the wireless carrier for support, but the device is less than a year old and still has the RIM warranty...etc.
    I'm a born again Androider

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Just talked with RIM and since I am using it unlocked my warranty is void lol. That's funny. Said they would have referred me to Verizon anyhow so it wouldn't have made a difference if I had told them or not.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    give the .428 OS a shot... it fixed my issue where if my storm2 is sitting on a table, the blackberry key and back key was hard to click.

I bet the .428 OS will fix your issue.

Keep us posted
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    That is positive. Anyone else have this issue and success? I hesitate to do all that as I would have to do the browser fix again and I would have to get hooked back up on my exchange at work. I have to call them and get them to reset my password in order to activate enterprise again. But if know it is a for sure fix, I will do it.

As I said, it is not that big of an issue as the Talk key is the only key that doesn't work. There are on screen buttons to activate the talk key.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    why would you need to do the browser fix? OH wait, are you on ATT with the STORM2?

I know it's not a big deal, but there are a lot of fixes that .428 resolved. Other big one was the updating icons on the home screen. Big for folks who have apps like MeterBerry and BerryWeather on there home screen.

Also, this OS (.428) is overall faster in response and internet browsing.

Just my two cents.

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I might have to give it a try when I get back into town this weekend. But it for sure fixed your button issue? My green talk key won't click at all.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    yes it did! I was kinda in the same boat as you, but as I was walking out of the Verizon store. But with some of the hybrid OS's being created, my problem was slowly going away. Then .428 leaked and some many great things have been fixed. Don't get me wrong, .320 is not a bad build, but .428 fixes so issues to make the Storm2 experience better.