I received the storm2 today. Unfortunately it is for my coworker. I can't updated till ... BlackBerry Storm forum

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3

Storm 2 Blackberry Messenger

Advertisement

I received the storm2 today. Unfortunately it is for my coworker. I can't updated till November 13th. It came installed with OS 5.0.0.320 but Blackberry Messenger is at 4.7. Anyone else run into this? I think this is totally bass ackwards

My other 2 coworkers have the original storm OS 4.7 with blackberry messenger 5.0 installed. When they upgraded their storm to OS 5.0, it downgraded their messenger to 4.7. My one coworker went to the BB store and downloaded BBM 5.0. When it finished installing, he rebooted it. The BBM icon disappeared, and he couldn't receive messages sent from my phone to his. He had to uninstall BBM 5.0 and install BBM 4.7. He was then able to message again.

Anyone else run into any of these situations?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I downloaded 5.0 as soon as mine arrived today. Just go to blackberry.com/messenger from the device. Also give Vz a call they might work with you since you are so close to your upgrade date.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Yes the new Storm does come with BBM 4.7, which I agree makes no sense whatsoever. But Randy is right, all you have to do is download it from the link he provided and install.

Your co-worker on 4.7 could have just reinstalled BBM after the the icon disappeared and he would have been fine.

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you! I will try it on Monday when she is back in the office with the phone.

edit: My two coworkers with the storm used that link and are on BBM 5.0 now. Thank you!!
    Last edited by white2003; 10-30-2009 at 12:17 PM.