Ok, so apparently my default sound profiles dont really work... I had it on vibrate ... BlackBerry Storm forum

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3

sounds problem

Advertisement

Ok, so apparently my default sound profiles dont really work... I had it on vibrate only and I had a custom ringtone set for one of the people on my phone and sure enough, at work, it rang when they called.. This seems to be with every profile, anyone else have this problem or have any idea what is going on? I also tried to create a custom profile that is only vibrating and silent as the tone and it still overtakes it...
    Last edited by dean0uga; 12-05-2008 at 07:53 PM.

update, so this only does it when you set a custom ring tone for a person, it trumps the active profile even when you set it as active profile for all... that kinda needs to be fixed

bump... sorry guys, any ideas? still does it with the new OS

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    you have to leave your contact ringtones volumes as Active Profile. That way it will only vibrate if you make a custom vibrate (vibrate Only default doesnt really vibrate). Keep all your contact notifications as "Active Profile"

Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    you have to leave your contact ringtones volumes as Active Profile. That way it will only vibrate if you make a custom vibrate (vibrate Only default doesnt really vibrate). Keep all your contact notifications as "Active Profile"
    sadly, as I stated in the second post... I have all contact alerts set as the ringtone and "Active Profile" for all other categories - I only created a "custom" profile to see if maybe the vibrate profile wasnt working or had a glitch/error in it, still didnt work

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    trying to understand the issue. There is no doubt the Vibrate profile installed on phone does not work. Ringtones still ring. If you create a custom profile called VIB or something other than vibrate only it should work. I have contact with custom ringtones. they all ring under normal profile and with my custom profile, as long as I have the volume selected as "ACTIVE PROFILE" then when I choose volume in the VIB custom profile as silent and turn Vibrate on... when those people call, it only vibrates and I dont hear their custom ringtones anymore. I can only say it working for me using 4.7.0.75 OS. All the other standard preinstalled Ringtones can not be customized and the vibrate only just isn't LOL