Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I set the vibrate profile all the alerts and call vibrate except the ones ... BlackBerry Storm forum

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

sound profile question

Advertisement

When I set the vibrate profile all the alerts and call vibrate except the ones that have a custom ringer, on the curve I had it would just vibrate until I change the profile, so how do I fix this? What settings do I have wrong? Please help this is annoying!

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    Have you tried going into the profile settings themselves and make sure everything is set correctly?

Because I know When I was setting the profiles to my desired preferences, it honestly took me about 20 minutes per profile, if not more just to get it how I liked it...and working properly....
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    ok i will try it but how come for the other calls it doesnt do that though?? weird

PIN/ID
    who noze
    I'm going to get my butt up and check out my Storm now, haha, and see if I have any special buttons pressed...

because I also know that when i have it on medium, loud, etc. It will ring normally with the blackberry ring tone when an unknown number calls me, but when a known number calls it will use my set ring tone...

so it is a little weird...and I do not remember pressing anything to do that...but yes, I am going to go investigate a few minutes

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    that doesn't seem to work, but what i dont get is that for all the other calls it works fine just the custom ones it doesn't

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    lol ok thanks

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Go to Profiles. Click on Advanced. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. There will be a heading Use Active Profile Except For:

What is checked under there?
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    who noze
    I really haven't the slightest clue, nor do I want to diagnose the problem just because i am not all that experienced to say what is or isn't wrong...

I hope that it gets fixed 1 way or another though, wish you didn't have this problem...

i can only imagine the uncertainty you could feel during meetings (there i go, starting the pessimistic thought process, lol)

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I know what you mean about that but there is no such option, I had that on my curve but this one just says: Set ring tones/Alerts, set contact alerts, and custom profiles

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarudude View Post
    I really haven't the slightest clue, nor do I want to diagnose the problem just because i am not all that experienced to say what is or isn't wrong...

I hope that it gets fixed 1 way or another though, wish you didn't have this problem...

i can only imagine the uncertainty you could feel during meetings (there i go, starting the pessimistic thought process, lol)
    Thats exactly why i need this to work if im in the middle of something i dont need this to go off lol

PIN/ID
    who noze
    Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    I know what you mean about that but there is no such option, I had that on my curve but this one just says: Set ring tones/Alerts, set contact alerts, and custom profiles

Not to get drastic...nor do I think you should try it...just wait till you get some more feedback in this thread..but always keep in mind using JL_Camder...for those just in case moments...or wipe it with its internal security program

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    yea ive used JL_cmdr but it cant be anything crazy

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I just tried switching profiles and when i go to the settings for that profile nothing seems to change, maybe my profiles are not working? for example i tried LOUD and the volumes for the ringer and messages and things like that stayed the same from when I originally set it to

PIN/ID
    who noze
    I know what you mean....

When I first got the phone, I realized that if I had the phone under Loud profile (or any other) and I happened to change the level from 10 to 8 or something, it would change it for the rest.....

that's when i switched to creating my own custom profiles

But I am really stumped, maybe you should seek one of the guru's here, lol

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Have you updated to 4.7.0.103? You might want to give that a try. The one I device I don't know much about is the Storm.... Sorry.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast