So this is kinda funny. I went into a Verizon this evening and played with ... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Sort of Funny Verizon and Storm Story...

Advertisement

So this is kinda funny. I went into a Verizon this evening and played with the Storm. I asked the guy if I could buy it on the spot - obviously he said no. anyway, he went on, rather flipantly, to tell me that tomorrow they will have 10 for sale and he expected a "mad rush" in the early morning - complete with a long line and all (I HIGHLY doubt that). he then said that once the 10 are sold, the store will NEVER, he said never, get any more and that customers would only be able to order the device to be shipped to their house (for a fee of course). was he serious? i know it's a cool device but if the launch is anything like the bold's, which I think it will be, he'll have 8 left by day's end. he made it sound like an iPhone-effect where people would be waiting in the cold for the "chance" to own this thing - get real. and why a store would get a total allotment of 10 is just plain strange.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think the storm is over rated. Some of the top gadget reviews were not to pleased with the storm. I current own the curve and am tempted to get my hands on the bold.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Stick with the Bold.

Stick with GSM

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    so your bet is he'll sell 2 right?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    my bet is that he'll sell 2 - i remember when the bold launched, i visited the att store, a huge, new, fancy corporate store complete with 5 flat screens and leather couches. on launch day, the manager said they received 25 of them and they'd sell fast. at the end of the day, i called and he sold 3...all that for the "best blackberry" on the mkt...