Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

as I said in a past post, just got a replacement storm. brand new and ... BlackBerry Storm forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

so disappointed...

Advertisement

as I said in a past post, just got a replacement storm. brand new and ya know what - against a black background, there are 4-5 stuck pixels - one's green, two are a reddish..and so on. I assume these will not go away either so I guess I replace again. really pissed....

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Sucks. Matter of fact I just had a conversation with a fellow stacker who I added on yahoo. Conversation didnt even last 5 minutes and his storm re-booted itself because he deleted some messages... :| . Sad to see the Storm have so many problems.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ouch! Not good to have the phone self-reboot in the middle of a conversation.

yeah, i know. my first storm was OK for about 30 days, then random reboots, error 523, you name it. but the screen was perfect - pixel wise at leat. i was warned that a replacement may have worse issues and know what, they were right. I should have waited for a new os. now i gotta go through it again - I may go with a different device.

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    as I said in a past post, just got a replacement storm. brand new and ya know what - against a black background, there are 4-5 stuck pixels - one's green, two are a reddish..and so on. I assume these will not go away either so I guess I replace again. really pissed....
    I know what this is like. 2 years ago, I went through 3 8100's (2 OS crashes in 8 months) before the third one finally worked. It only lasted me a few months until my upgrade option came around which I jumped all over the 8120 as a consolation coming from the dentist LOL

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Can anyone tell me what the warranty period is on the storm? I know the first 30 days you can return it as a trial run. But forget the optional "equipment protection, dropped or lost phone, etc", I'm talking straight manufacturer's warranty, for issues like described in this thread.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the warranty period is on the storm? I know the first 30 days you can return it as a trial run. But forget the optional "equipment protection, dropped or lost phone, etc", I'm talking straight manufacturer's warranty, for issues like described in this thread.
    1 year
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

so I'm back to returning it - damn storm. The rep advised I go into the store and have them check it out before I leave - I can see them opening box after box until I'm satisified thus depleting their stock because of my obsessiveness - hate to do it but i dont see any other way. I looked at some of their other devices and for the price/features, nothing really comes close to this storm - global and all. The Omnia looked nice, but it's not global, but has wi-fi - The Curve is still great, but, again, not global. The 8820 IS global but no camera...what a pain.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    I can see them opening box after box until I'm satisified thus depleting their stock because of my obsessiveness - hate to do it but i dont see any other way.
    You paid for a Brand New perfectly functioning unit, there's no reason why you shouldn't have just that.

fotomatt1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm on my 2nd Storm, and this one has a couple of dead pixels....seems to work OK otherwise, but I do get random reboots and some other errors when using bluetooth. I'm not sure what to do...thinking of getting the Omnia, but not sure I want a WinMo device. I hear the battery life isn't that great on it anyway. I really wanted a touch screen phone, but I might just return it and get a Curve. It's still an upgrade over my 8830.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
    I'm on my 2nd Storm, and this one has a couple of dead pixels....seems to work OK otherwise, but I do get random reboots and some other errors when using bluetooth. I'm not sure what to do...thinking of getting the Omnia, but not sure I want a WinMo device. I hear the battery life isn't that great on it anyway. I really wanted a touch screen phone, but I might just return it and get a Curve. It's still an upgrade over my 8830.
    ehh get another storm. when you get a good one you'll love it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    ehh get another storm. when you get a good one you'll love it.
    the truth be spoken!

I agree with Erie. Just make them open boxes until you get a Storm that works the way u want it to. I had a friend on here a couple years ago go through 8 7130e's before he got one that worked.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Be persistent! If you have to go through a few, so be it! You will end up with an awesome smartphone

^^^^I agree fully. I have had 2 7730s, 3 7100t's, 2 7105t's, 3 8100's and now my nearly 1-yr old 8120 (not to mention 3 HP iPAQ 6315's, 2 SideKick 2's and 2 SideKick 3's LOL). I think T-Mo got tired of me calling every few months for a new phone over the years so they gave me a flawless 8120 LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast