I have done a few instructional reviews for screen protectors here on PinStack. I have ... BlackBerry Storm forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Thumbs up SmartestCover -- Touchable Screen Cover for your Storm/iPhone

Advertisement

I have done a few instructional reviews for screen protectors here on PinStack. I have yet to put a screen protector on my Storm, though ... mainly because most of the covers require you to use water and well, that kind of scares me a little. Water + Touch Screen BlackBerry = FAIL! When the guys over at SmartestCover asked me to review their new product, I'll admit I was a little bit excited.

SmartestCover is the newest screen protector to hit the smartphone accessory world. With its patent pending technology, SmartestCover features discreet tactile markings over the keys of your virtual keyboard making it easy to feel where to press. The Storm product features the choice of using landscape or portrait.

From the website:
    Made out of the highest quality materials and manufactured by the industry leader in adhesive backed products, you can rest assured this cover will improve your accuracy while protecting your phone.
    The instructions were easy to follow: Peel off the clear backing and stick it on. Not too difficult, right? After cleaning the screen, I pulled off the backing and attempted to apply. Getting it straight on was a task in itself, taking me about 5 tries (it kept sticking out on one end far enough to scrape the bottom keys). But the hardest part remained -- getting the air bubbles out. Usually the air bubbles clear after 24 hours, but these have not ... forcing me to reapply the cover again. You can see from the above image that the corners are also having a hard time sticking (this could be because I had to reapply it so many times). With the above being said, the product is actually pretty neat. I didn't find that I typed faster, but that I did type more accurately and I did find my thumbs searching for the "dots" after just a few minutes.

I took two pictures because I wanted you to see the noticeable difference in when the device is off vs. on. The first image, you can see every single air bubble there is, including the sides refusal to stick. The second image you can barely see the bubbles or the top/bottom/corners.

If you are looking for a new screen protector for your Storm or iPhone, then I would suggest trying the SmartestCover out. Its a very cool alternative to the other screen "guards" out on the market and actually has more functionality than just the normal protection factor.

Compatibility: Currently available for BlackBerry Storm (in Landscape and Portrait); Coming Soon for iPhone
    Price: $13.99 for a 3 pk + $2.95 s/h

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    ehhhh...pass on the bubbles and dots ...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If the iPhone ones will work on the iPod Touch I will try them out...definitely curious to feel what it's like to type with them.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    I have one - the only thing I have to say i wish wasnt the case... is the bubbles under the dots. I really like the dots, the bubbles that come with... I could do without.

ps - this has been my first post in forever! feels good to be home.
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    WB Brad -- where ya been?

There is def a technique to applying the cover. On the site it shows it with no bubbles so I'm sure there is a way.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

JosephR no está en línea Stack level 2
    yeah it's called photoshop