Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Note hayen's original post to learn about Slacker: http://forums.pinstack.com/f52/ces_slacker_mobile_for_blackberry_and_flycast_for_ google_android-99268/ If you browse to Slacker.com ... BlackBerry Storm forum

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

Slacker works on Storm (albeit unofficially)!

Advertisement

Note hayen's original post to learn about Slacker:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f52/ces_slacker_mobile_for_blackberry_and_flycast_for_ google_android-99268/

If you browse to Slacker.com on your Storm you'll find that we were left out of the party (see first attached pic)...
    Unsatisfied with the soon-to-be-common "Storm version coming soon..." I wanted to dig a bit more and manually attempt the install, which worked.

Thanks to iridemybike, Storm users can still install the app via the direct OTA link:
    http://www.slacker.com/dwls/bb/slacker_mobile.jad

Believe me, everything works great!
    Sound quality is better than some of the channels on my XM Radio, with great lows and high highs.

What's even more interesting is once the app is installed, connect your Storm to your PC via USB and a Slacker-Sync launcher option pops up. Looks like the OTA install included a file that sits in your BlackBerry's root directory, "slacker.synclauncher.exe". This allows the app to cache preselected stations to your memory card... and it also worked perfect, very ingenious design (& great for subways!).

Checkout the attached picts for a glimpse of what it looks like on the Storm.

EDIT
    three pointers:
    - disable compatibility mode (see posts below for specific instructions)
    - register for the service via your PC, not BlackBerry (they lock out IP addys if too many ppl sign up at same time from same carrier)
    - once the app is installed, be sure to grant firewall access to all resources... this is likely the cause of most initial problems w/ Slacker

-s
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skelzer; 01-09-2009 at 01:05 AM.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    Very sweet, do you have to have or pay for the XM radio account?

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is completely independent of XM... one has nothing to do with the other.
    I know free is hard to find these days... but it's exactly that: free.
    Last edited by skelzer; 01-13-2009 at 11:55 PM.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    awesome call, i was waiting for the storm version, its working great and I just started using slacker today on my computer, few quirks like it didnt keep my email registered for some reason, buttt, thank you! - like it alot
    make sure you disable compatibility mode and edit permissions like stated to allow all

chubbrock no está en línea Stack level 1
    don't forget to disable compatibility mode by going to options>advanced options>applications>slacker mobile for blackberry...click blackberry button(options button) and then chose disable compatibility mode

also you don't need to install the slacker app on your pc. just make an account and add the stations you want to your favorites through the online player. once they are added they will show up on your phone when you sign in and run slacker mobile. great find though it is awesome!!!!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Awesomely, sweet!!! I love this app!!! Best streaming radio app! Thx 4 lookin' out!

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Nice post.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Installed it and its working great so far
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    This app is good I like it a lot thanks for posting it, works good on my storm so far! I use to use Flycast on my curve that was a good app as well.

db4life777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you so much. Love this app. I was disheartened when imeem didn't work online through the browser. Great find!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    Best radio app!!!!!!!!!!!! DESTROYS FLYCAST! Sorry....but this is hands down the greatest app I've ever used. Line out in from my BB to my car stereo will make this an AMAZING upgrade from regular radio, and will give me a break from those same old songs on my ipod!

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C
    GREAT APP! Moving and clicking is a little weird.. not a point click, but slide click.. I'm OK with that!

B
    NEW STORM on VZW, OLD: 8310 ,8300, 7130E

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks. Just caught this. Moving to front page.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Awesome app kinda clustered menus though hope the official storm version is better!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gewcmr no está en línea Stack level 1
    During the install a bar appears that shows the install status. Each time I try to install OTA the slacker download hangs at the very end of the bar telling me to please wait. How long does the it take for the install?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast